Could anybody tell me how I would go about making a screen shot in Pacific Fighters?
    Thanks

slipBall's Avatar Senior Member
    Yes, hi there...if you don't already have Infanview, download here
    http://www.irfanview-center.com/
    when you want to take a screen shot press "print scrn" on keyboard...
    to view, open Infanview, select open, scrol to your game folder, look for a file "grab 0001" or such...select open...if you want to post...save it as jpeg

you might have to press shift PrtScn.

You can map a button to it in the control setup of the game. It saves the screenshot files in the main IL2 directory.

There are several programs that are made just for the purpose of taking screenshots, the one i use is called screenshot utility 1.0. and you can set the key you want to use as the "camera button." It even makes a noise like a camera when it takes the screenshot.

Download FRAPS. It's free and does FPS monitoring, screen capture and will even record screen video (albeit only 30 seconds at a time with the free version).

get it here: http://www.fraps.com

TB

I'm having trouble w/ the 'print screen' key taking a screen shot. Someone referred to remapping this, but I can't find it in the control setup. Help?

Nevermind, I found the config & made a change there, but it still doesn't take. Maybe computer problems...

Nevermind, I found the config & made a change there, but it still doesn't take. Maybe computer problems...
    This change in conf.ini changed my screen print to key Y:
    [HotKey game]
    Y=ScreenShot
    ;PrintScreen=ScreenShot
    P=pause
    Pause=pause

- Note that semicolon in front of PrintScreen
    - Make sure the new key used is not assigned to any other control/function!

When you press PrintScreen, does the image appear on the clipboard?

I have IrfanView. clk on Prt Scn (make sure F Lock is off), open IrfanView> edit> paste, & it will open the screen shot from the clipboard.

I might be missing something here... but I never maped anything when I got this game, I press the print screen button a few times and, open them in my quick folder, in the game files, then change them to jpg's in my photo shop, of course this is from my recordings!