Kuna15's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VW-IceFire:
    BoB is now expected maybe this time next year I think. Slim to negative chances that it will be merged with older products...the engine is totally new.

This is for the best. Time to throw off the shackles of the old and build a new engine. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think so, too.
    Anyway http://forums-de.ubi.com/groupee/for...2/m/1731044253 , if I understand correctly these guys are pesimistic.

Those guys just speculating, no more...no less

polak5's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by neural_dream:
    That's only my personal opinion, but i find it highly unlikely that BoB will come out in more than 7-8 months. After 4.02 there will be one last patch only, for which for some reason they seem to want to hurry up. If the mid 2007 estimation were justified then we would witness the unbelievably foolish behaviour by 1C to not support a game for 2 years and still expect the same people to buy their new one. Either that or there need to be more content-rich updates after 4.1, which has already been ruled out.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I dont see any other ww2 flight sims coming out that would exceed the expectations that we all have for BoB. Another company would have to pull out the Ace of Spades out of ther sleeve to get some attention in our community.

Any new BoB screens around?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theDutchman1962:
    Any new BoB screens around? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you haven't already seen them: Spitfire cockpit video, and Bf109 cockpit screenshots that have been around for a month or so.

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/23110283/m...961074943#2961074943

Mid-End of 2007 = Quad-Core processors. Very sweet.

Yes, as far as I'm concerned, Oleg could take 3 years ( kidding ! ) - I need the lead time to gather the Holy Pounds Sterling necessary to buy a whole new rig to run it.

And then I think how cool it will be when I have the new rig, to take up IL2 with maxed out settings

Until ALL potential theatre addons for BoB are completed, IL2 will not die.
    It will be interesting to see the tone/direction whines will take when BoB is out.

Don't fully understand the business model for 1C - Maddox Games as a company but given 2 years is a long time for the company to go with significant revenue...Its not as if they have loads of other products out in the marketplace...Does that imply the need for them to release some more FB/AEP/PF goodies or licence out source code mods/SDK's out to 3rd parties to generate revenue to fund development costs...
    Heres hoping!
    (I still feel i'm skimming the surface of the FB series - so theres no rush with BoB for me!)