ahoy there,

i took off from base yesterday on my first campaign mission and must patrol a grid close to the UK.The problem is i need over 24 real hrs to get there.I have been leting the sim go on its own by reducing to desk top and doing something etc.I would like to know how do you kill time while waitting to get to the hot spots since there is no warp feature.
    splitter

ahoy there,

i took off from base yesterday on my first campaign mission and must patrol a grid close to the UK.The problem is i need over 24 real hrs to get there.I have been leting the sim go on its own by reducing to desk top and doing something etc.I would like to know how do you kill time while waitting to get to the hot spots since there is no warp feature.
    splitter

if you look at the bottom right theres a number there saying 1, with a + and - above and below it, use the + to speed up the time in game to get you there quickly. Your limited to i think 32 or 64 in the main views but if you goto your navigation chart you can speed it up to 1024, should only take you a few minutes to get there then, remember it will put you back into slow time if you come across any ships. Enjoy.

lecek's Avatar Senior Member
    Well it is a good thing you asked. I would think the month long trip across the Atlantic during drumbeat would annoy you just a bit more.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

100K Club Member

OMG! It is a good thing u posted here!

Time compression will save your sanity, use it.

The Numberpad + and - also control time compression.

Ant__.'s Avatar Senior Member
    TC is an excellent feature, BUT! be careful, if you're chugging along on All Ahead on the surface at max TC, you can get jumped by aircraft or DD's and not know until it's too late.

Hit a mine at max TC and it's even worse!

If you use SH3 Commander, which I recmmmend you do, you can adjust max TC dependent on the environment e.g close to land, being attacked, etc.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

Holy ****! You were actually considering going there at 1x TC?

Use the high TC settings in home waters and on the long marches but drop the TC once you come near the enemy coast or near areas of high enemy traffic density (eg Gibraltar). Common sense preserves sanity...<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

Use the vertical!

thanks everyone,
    splitter

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stabiz:
    Holy ****! You were actually considering going there at 1x TC? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I thought that's what all the uber-realists did. <div class="ev_tpc_signature">

Want to keep have multiple installations of SH3 and keep your careers separate? Download MultiSH3