MEGILE's Avatar Senior Member
    because if you mess with her, she will bite you in the ***

I and Future, while on a torpedo run in the Beaufighter ran into a bit of a furball... we were bounced by Two Zeros and a Ki-61.
    Future, being the bomber dude that he is, wanted to stay and fight, and me being the fighter pilot.. thought we were in deep shiznet.
    So I followed his lead...

We quickly got the alt advantage, and went in for the attack

Future nicely dispatches an A6m5, with bomb still attached

While Future was busy with the Zero, I had a go at the Tony... after I gave him a nice hole in his wing, he went down

With only 1 Zero left, I follow Future in for the kill.

Future puts a few rounds on him, and makes him bleed

But he is still alive and flying... as Future breaks off, I put the nail in the coffin

yeah future that was me, TimTim :P I use that alias, to cover my lame-*** Keyboard flying, untill I get a new Joystick

The moral of the story is, respect the Beau, she's a beauty ~(excuse the pun)

ps. Kudos to the Japanese pilots, you put up a good fight

haha Megile awesome shots!
    And that's some great flying for a keyboard! I can barely keep the plane tracking straight let alone shoot anything when i try keyboard flying.
    Speaking of i think i'm gonna grab an X45, the joystick i have no has no middle to it, so it's hard to center for shots, it just bobs all over...
    Ahh the world of flight sims

aminx's Avatar Senior Member
    did you try the torps yet?
    aminx

Future-'s Avatar Senior Member
    I was flying with YOU, the nice man who already gave us several good screenies?

S! Sir

Nice shots. Literarely

Yes folks, the Beaufighter may not be a classic furball machine, but she sure ain't have "fighter" in her name for nothin'!

MEGILE's Avatar Senior Member

Yeah Hank, the X-45 is one I'm considering getting, I've also been recommended the MS Sidewinder FF, so I am not quite sure yet.

Yes Aminx, we have tried the Torpedos.
    I think it is the MK.13 torpedo which the A-20 and Beaufighter both carry... its pretty big

I haven't yet tested how many torpedos it takes to bring down a Carrier.... online, I usually arrive late for the party, so the carrier is already damaged before I release my own torpedos.

The Beau is one hell of a machine, and is probably the only bomber I would consider flying seriously, when I'm not in a fighter... I am beginning to see what Saburo Saki meant, when he talked about an encounter with one of thse things.

I made a very funny fight too :
    Remembering the Coastal Command, I made a quick mission with a Beaufighter chasing a FW 200 Condor : lot's of immersion

three single engine jap turn-machines lose to two beaufighters, one of them flown with the KEYBOARD!!? - sorry, but they can't have been very good, or you guys are Gods!

I'll have PF in the mail tomorrow, I look forward to trying the beau!

aminx's Avatar Senior Member
    WHISPERING DEATH !!!!!!

AMINX

Whispering death was a Japanese term for the corsair wasn't?

And thanks for the AAR guys.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Shrap:
    Whispering death was a Japanese term for the corsair wasn't?

And thanks for the AAR guys. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

that was whistling death for the corsair, whispering for the beau