I have recently started trying other planes to try out and see how they do against the AI on my "out of the box" version of PF. One of the planes that I really taken a liking to is the P-39. At low altitude its maneuverability is very good; I'd get into a tussle with a Zero with it at low altitude and not worry too much about getting smoked. Speed is not bad at low altitude where the Allison V-12 is at its prime performance. I really like watching large chunks of airplane tear off of your opponent when you drill him with the cannon.

I think that the '39 is a viable plane at low/medium altitude; am I the only one?

I adore the P-39. I don't know why. Don't ask.

My sig says it all!

I Cobras

BSS_Goat's Avatar Senior Member
    I em all 39 400 and 63

P-39 is my nr1 fav plane N1 and Q1 as fav models, i do not pay any real attention to the others apart from the Q10.

P-63 is also a nice ride but i favour the '39..
    In the old Il2 Sturmovik i could really dish out damage in low alt airquake servers And it is far from a n00b plane

When you say you Cobras Freelancer-1, I hope you don't mean me aswell

you love cobras ey

that cobra is over modeled be sure

hehe we do, it may explain why we flew them almost exclusively for 6+ months.

SlickStick's Avatar Banned
    Originally posted by ashley2005:
    you love cobras ey

that cobra is over modeled be sure
    Yeah, but by the looks of it, we could use it packed with something "unmentionable" and get stoned to the bejeesus.

P39-Q1 for me. I love the wing guns, as they help me line up the cannon better than just nose MGs. It turns well and is a decent zoom climber. My fav part though is the tricycle gear. For me, by far, the easiest type of gear to land on.

Just touch the ground with the two back wheels first, "place" the nose wheel down and just lay on the brakes, keeping it straight with rudder. A quick stopper that allows one to quickly stop and Refly without getting vulched, lol.

P39=Fun, Fun, Fun (w/ apologizes to B. Wilson)