DylanJosh9's Avatar Member
    Interestingly, he said that the team made sure that the trailer to Revelations was actually tied into the game (even hinting that it is in fact the very beginning of the game), and not just a representation of Ezio's new abilities in a new setting.
    Source

So, if it happens in the beginning, it means Ezio hasn't got the seals yet. Then how come he sees ghosts of Altair?

Bleeding effect doesn't apply since Altair and Ezio aren't related.

Evan52395's Avatar Member
    They both had the apple. Maybe it's something to do with that.

And you don't necessarily have to be an ancestor to suffer the bleeding effect, you just have to relive the person's life long enough. To relive the person's life is what comes with him/her being an ancestor, but maybe they've worked around that somehow...

Originally posted by HarshJaguar3:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Interestingly, he said that the team made sure that the trailer to Revelations was actually tied into the game (even hinting that it is in fact the very beginning of the game), and not just a representation of Ezio's new abilities in a new setting.
    Source

So, if it happens in the beginning, it means Ezio hasn't got the seals yet. Then how come he sees ghosts of Altair?

Bleeding effect doesn't apply since Altair and Ezio aren't related. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe he was high?

CRUDFACE's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Interestingly, he said that the team made sure that the trailer to Revelations was actually tied into the game (even hinting that it is in fact the very beginning of the game), and not just a representation of Ezio's new abilities in a new setting.
    Source

Bleeding effect doesn't apply since Altair and Ezio aren't related. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He said that the opening was tied to the game. This has been posted before, but anyways, the part where he goes there and is about to get hung is true. If you notice, the part where Ezio finds out about the seals isn't there, or the part where he infiltrates Masayaf or interrogates somebody to find out what the templars are up to isn't there either.

It's tied into the game, not the entire game itself. So like 40% is what we'll actually be doing while the rest showcases stuff like the Ezio having lapses into Altair's memories.

With the memory thing, he's using the seals to view allot of Altair's life. Because he's doing that it causes effects similar to the bleeding effect to occur.

Edit: and Ezio doesn't have the hookblade either if anyone's thinking about if this is endgame content. Lol, trying to cover all my bases.

DylanJosh9's Avatar Member
    Originally posted by Evan52395:

And you don't necessarily have to be an ancestor to suffer the bleeding effect, you just have to relive the person's life long enough. To relive the person's life is what comes with him/her being an ancestor, but maybe they've worked around that somehow...
    The seals ARE the workaround. I believe it's sort of like the pensieve (in harry potter).. where one can view someone else's stored memories, without having to be related to that person in any way.
    This is what is probably causing Ezio to see Altair's ghost.

My problem is that if the trailer happens at the very beginning, that means Ezio hasn't found the seals yet.

Abeonis's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Evan52395:

The seals ARE the workaround. I believe it's sort of like the pensieve (in harry potter).. where one can view someone else's stored memories, without having to be related to that person in any way.

My problem is that if the trailer happens at the very beginning, that means Ezio hasn't found the seals yet. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Likely, Ezio is seeing Altair's ghost because he is in close proximity to the seals. Perhaps because the two are related (yes, I have heard about this whole "the two aren't related", but I don't believe that one bit), and as such, he's more attuned to the effects of the seals.

Assassin_M's Avatar AC Expert
    Originally posted by Abeonis:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HarshJaguar3:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Evan52395:

My problem is that if the trailer happens at the very beginning, that means Ezio hasn't found the seals yet. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Likely, Ezio is seeing Altair's ghost because he is in close proximity to the seals. Perhaps because the two are related (yes, I have heard about this whole "the two aren't related", but I don't believe that one bit), and as such, he's more attuned to the effects of the seals. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    OH COME OOOOOOOON !!!!!!!!

Yeah problem with how he would see Altair other then he so happens to pick a seal up before he walks up to the front door.

CRUDFACE's Avatar Senior Member

Likely, Ezio is seeing Altair's ghost because he is in close proximity to the seals. Perhaps because the two are related (yes, I have heard about this whole "the two aren't related", but I don't believe that one bit), and as such, he's more attuned to the effects of the seals.
    Oh my...the Developers have said it three times now. Darby mcDevit, the guy who's writing the Ac storyline is, they confirmed it at comic con two more times to...dude, it's real.

@HarshJaguar3, read my post above, you'll see what I said about how cannon the trailer is

But if the E3 trailer is when Ezio first gets to Masyaf, the seals aren't there and are in Constantinople, so they're not close by. Perhaps whatever is hidden in Altaïr's library is causing visions of him to appear to Ezio since he has Eagle Vision. The Mentor in The Fall comic hinted that the Assassin Mentors have a way to pass down their memories/experiences to their successors, so I wonder if what's hidden in Masyaf is the device which will allow this. The seals may just be a lesser version of that device.

So even though the lead writer for the game told Kotaku that Ezio and Altaïr aren't related, reiterated that in a post he wrote himself on this board, said it at yesterdays's Comic-Con panel, and UbiGabe said the same thing on his Twitter account in response to someone's question, you still don't believe it?