Jaws2002's Avatar Senior Member
    Can someone tell me what kind of prop-pitch mechanism is simulated in this fighters. From what i read it should be a variable pitch propeller without the auto governor.
    Something like the one on the BF-109 E when FB first came out.
    How does this one work?
    The way is now it doesn't feel right to me.

Can someone tell me what kind of prop-pitch mechanism is simulated in this fighters. From what i read it should be a variable pitch propeller without the auto governor.
    Something like the one on the BF-109 E when FB first came out.
    How does this one work?
    The way is now it doesn't feel right to me.

afaict right now it is CSP like most planes have, like P47, P51, La5, Yaks, et. al.

If is CPS now that is wrong. the IAR-80/81 had a variable prop pitch. why was it changed?
    They should have just removed the auto setting.
    Who's ideea was to change it anyway????/
    Oleg PLEASE change it back.
    Is already slow like a VW Polo, please leave at least the manual transmission on.

Jaws2002, I'm not sure I follow you. I can adjust the prop pitch; the only difference now is the removal of the auto setting, which makes this simulated bird truer to its real-life namesake. The prop pitch is variable. I have mine mapped to my throttle on my MS FFB2 stick.

Ok, I flew it only once post patch. I left it 100% all the time and got the impression it was like all the other CSPs, just set 100% for max RPM and leave it. The pitch is variable, but automatically controlled to a constant speed, the manual control is for the speed setting, not the pitch setting. That is how it seemed to me anyway.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fillmore:
    Ok, I flew it only once post patch. I left it 100% all the time and got the impression it was like all the other CSPs, just set 100% for max RPM and leave it. The pitch is variable, but automatically controlled to a constant speed, the manual control is for the speed setting, not the pitch setting. That is how it seemed to me anyway.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Odd. I can control the prop pitch and speed separately, like on the P40E (haven't flown the P40M much, so I don't know if you can do this on that bird).

I believe thats a constant speed prop (system) that you are refering to Bula. You are not actually/directly controlling the 'prop pitch', don't let the on screen messages refering to 'prop pitch' confuse the situation (it is a common problem).

What you are actually doing is setting the RPM governor of the constant speed unit , even though it says 'prop pitch' on screen this is just a generalization to cover the various systems modeled in the game.

If you can leave the 'prop pitch' on any given setting and fly at different speeds (climbing or diving) while still maintaining the same RPM (seen as 'prop pitch' mentioned above) then it is a constant speed prop, or at least an equivalent automated system.

Whether the IAR80/81 is correct or not I can not comment.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ZG77_Lignite:
    I believe thats a constant speed prop (system) that you are refering to Bula. You are not actually/directly controlling the 'prop pitch', don't let the on screen messages refering to 'prop pitch' confuse the situation (it is a common problem).

What you are actually doing is setting the RPM governor of the constant speed unit , even though it says 'prop pitch' on screen this is just a generalization to cover the various systems modeled in the game.

If you can leave the 'prop pitch' on any given setting and fly at different speeds (climbing or diving) while still maintaining the same RPM (seen as 'prop pitch' mentioned above) then it is a constant speed prop, or at least an equivalent automated system.

Whether the IAR80/81 is correct or not I can not comment.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup, Lignite. You're right. My bad. Thanks for clearing that up. Jaws is right, too: the pitch should be variable, like on the 109E.