Some people were saying the AI is slow.
    They were also saying it the AI COMBAT
    is ******ed. Moreover, like it's one at
    a time simpleness.

My question is... What is the reason for this type of game play and feel?

Something tells me the Heavenly sword-like cut-screens during the action will be fully performed before anyone can touch you again.

Or

It could be that the AI is so stunned by your dazzling maneuvers they start shaking in there boots and won't attack you as aggressively.

After the all the game is said to be logical.
    The AI are said to be smart. And reviews I've read from IGN people who've played said the latter of what I mentioned does happen.

I'm praying the AI is perfect and makes sense.

I think they sacrificed a little bit of realism for FUN and ENJOYABE gameplay!
    if the NPC were attacking you all at the same time/were more aggresive... the game would not be that fun!
    so they let the NPC attack one at a time... so you can pull of counter more effectively.
    I'm ok with this!

this actually is the most realistic fighting iv seen
    At that time ppl wouldnt rush like that all together at a target,a bad swing and he could hit his own teammate,so they atacked one by one,second of all,patrice said that once uv killed a few of the guards,the other guard's morale will lower,so instead of being agressive and attacking,theyl go defensive

I now that if you kill a couple of guards the rest will go defense,respect thats cool.

I,ve already posted a discussion just like this its called "best combat ever"

Have you ever seen in almost every action movie how 2 guys run at the hero and he ducks or moves and they ram into each other? Well imagine 5 guys doing that all of them wearing chain/plate mail and weilding swords it would cause a big mes :P

Originally posted here:
    http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/t...7481087895/p/2

"First, I am buying this GAME. I think the GAME looks great and will play great. But...it is a GAME. So, bear that in mind as you read what follows...

I study martial arts (Both Asian and Western). Multiple attackers DO NOT attack one at a time...outside of movies, and GAMES. There are actually tactics that soldiers were taught when they out-numbered opponents. For instance, "Guard A" engages the target from the front with the intention of drawing the targets attention, "Guard B" will then attack from the rear while the target is occupied with "Guard A." This is just one of many common sense tactics for out-numbering opponents.

Those who keep posting that "Mideavel swordsmen attacked one at a time, when in numbers" are mistaken. That would negate the advantage of mutiple attackers, would it not? There are counters to this for the target (ie, placing your back to a wall to lessen the advantage...to a degree, and/or stay in constant movement if not surrounded). In all honesty, if you are surrounded by multiple attackers, things look rather bleak for you (in the real world).

BUT...

This is a GAME. Playability would be nill if it were TOO realistic as far as combat goes. From the way it looks (granted, I have not played it yet) I think there will still be plenty to worry about without being concerned for the "knife in the back"..."

As stated above I study martial arts, I am also a member of ARMA ( http://www.thehaca.com/ ) and various other SCA and anachronistic associations (Historical combat recreation). This idea that crusade era soldiers did not attack at the same time is not accurate at all! The risk of "hitting each other" is actually quite slight when one is trained, even at a minimal level.

But, this is a game...if you had all of the guards attacking you at one time, you are not going to last very long at all, and your gameplay would be quite frustrating. It is not a matter of guards not attacking all at once because "they would hit each other" in the process...which is severely mistaken, it is because it is a GAME.

Dont know if that post was directed at me but what I was saying is that they all dont attack you at the same time (also the tactics you stated are shown in some video)

Thumper1980's Avatar Member
    Which arts do you practice out of curiosity Hassan?

I practiced Goju-Kai Karate for about 10 years and am now currently a Second Degree Brown Belt in Kenpo Karate.

Originally posted by Hassan-Sabbah:
    Originally posted here:
    http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/t...7481087895/p/2

"First, I am buying this GAME. I think the GAME looks great and will play great. But...it is a GAME. So, bear that in mind as you read what follows...

I study martial arts (Both Asian and Western). Multiple attackers DO NOT attack one at a time...outside of movies, and GAMES. There are actually tactics that soldiers were taught when they out-numbered opponents. For instance, "Guard A" engages the target from the front with the intention of drawing the targets attention, "Guard B" will then attack from the rear while the target is occupied with "Guard A." This is just one of many common sense tactics for out-numbering opponents.

Those who keep posting that "Mideavel swordsmen attacked one at a time, when in numbers" are mistaken. That would negate the advantage of mutiple attackers, would it not? There are counters to this for the target (ie, placing your back to a wall to lessen the advantage...to a degree, and/or stay in constant movement if not surrounded). In all honesty, if you are surrounded by multiple attackers, things look rather bleak for you (in the real world).

BUT...

This is a GAME. Playability would be nill if it were TOO realistic as far as combat goes. From the way it looks (granted, I have not played it yet) I think there will still be plenty to worry about without being concerned for the "knife in the back"..."

As stated above I study martial arts, I am also a member of ARMA ( http://www.thehaca.com/ ) and various other SCA and anachronistic associations (Historical combat recreation). This idea that crusade era soldiers did not attack at the same time is not accurate at all! The risk of "hitting each other" is actually quite slight when one is trained, even at a minimal level.

But, this is a game...if you had all of the guards attacking you at one time, you are not going to last very long at all, and your gameplay would be quite frustrating. It is not a matter of guards not attacking all at once because "they would hit each other" in the process...which is severely mistaken, it is because it is a GAME.
    Watch the video at 53 seconds into it. two people attack him at once.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/19861.html