Monson74's Avatar Senior Member
    By coincidence I have been able to test 4.01 with both an Nvidia card & an ATI card because patch 4.01 arrived just as my new ATI card did (Yes I have joined the dark side). The nose & prop bug is present with both types of cards & all the most recent drivers. This leads me to believe that this particular graphical bug isn't driver/hardware related as Oleg stated but a bug in the 3D model. This holds for the bug with the gunsight in P-40B/C, the Tomahawks & the F4 too & the visible lines in the Stuka cockpit when using anti-aliasing. This is not meant as a whine but I just thought you might find it interesting.

Re the VC an even bigger error is the fact that the cockpit view is elevated to high above the wings - ie cannot see cannon blisters and cannot see any part of the nose cowling. Exactly the same as the Mk VIII when it was first issued.

No effort has been made to correct these bugs despite at least two gen+ of beta reporting

THIS IS NOT A DRIVER ISSUE

I get it too

same here

radeon 9800 pro

I think Oleg needs to get a new beta team together, and assign specific areas of the sim for them to look at, ie, there are so many different types of planes in the game now, it's too many for a single person to check. Judging from some of the problems that have cropped up in this latest patch, I'd say that the beta testers were just playing around with the game as they saw fit, without any particular instruction as to what to specifically look for.

Additionally, Oleg needs a crew that can keep their mouths shut, and their beta copies to themselves!