The no news "politika" and the lack of updates is simply a shame.
    The two weeks joke is not funny after months of vaporware promises.
    Men, its Silent Hunter III time.
    Bye PF.

Hmmm.....

Everyone looks be frustrated...

I guess that when patch is coming start new whining...

Could everyone just sit down and take cold beer or two

canucksledge's Avatar Banned
    Unfortunately cold beers (yes...even 2) affects my flying abilities. Usually in a bad way. Doesn't often stop me though, as I'm Canadian and have a worldwide reputation to maintain for queen and country!

Please understand that I personally LOVE the sim, and genuinely thank the creators for raising the bar industry wide, which can only be good for everyone in the flight sim community. The major issue I have is with Ubisoft. They should market in a more responsible manner. Yes...it was too late to update the box art. I would hate them to waste money on throwing away boxes and remaking new ones, and I would have whined and moaned if this action had delayed the game's original November release even a day. My issue is that a newbie, never having been here, never having read anything but Ubi's promo site for Pacific Fighters would still TO THIS DAY think he was buying a complete game. The official Ubi web site for Pacific Fighters STILL says it comes with these missing items everyone is worked up about. I'm sorry if it offends the Maddox groupies, but that's just plain dishonest. I was informed today via telephone by support people at Montreal Canada's office that the false information on the main page was an "oversight", and the main page for PF is going to be reviewed, and I was thanked for pointing it out. Lets see what happens...

Oh yes, the main site ( http://www.pacific-fighters.com/en/pacific.php ) still lists the Betty as one of the flyable aircraft in the PF box...

I'm annoyed that I've waited my 2 weeks for the Betty (which was precluded due to CD space limitations, remember?) - and then another 2 weeks, then 5 more 2 weeks and there's no official word saying what the patch will contain, or when it will be available.

In the meantime, I'm flying Il-2s around Lvov. It's great - a strike on a target 70km away equates to about 45 minutes real time flight. I'm flying on full real, with a printed map on my lap with lines drawn on in non-permanent marker to show where the front line, flight path, target, etc are. It makes flying at 300kph and 300m in real time much more interesting, as you try to work out where you've gotten lost to this time...

And shooting down Bf-109F2s three at a time is fun. Unfortunately my squadron is down to its last 7 servicable aircraft now...

If you feel the game is boring and lost something and you dont care, then way do you feel the need to still post in these forums? Why waste more time and effort? Makes no sense to me...really.

Funny thing is for a game that is so boring it has more players flying in HL now more then ever. Also it retains its core players. Like myself who has had the series since IL-2 1.0. I have played many many games and I think many will agree with me when I say the IL-2 series has remained on my harddrive longer then any of them. Not bad for a boring title.

canucksledge's Avatar Banned
    Yes, I agree. This forum is only for posts that are positive. I wish everyone would stop saying mean things. That's what bathroom walls are for! Everyone just say nice things about this game from now on!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by canucksledge:
    Unfortunately cold beers (yes...even 2) affects my flying abilities. Usually in a bad way. Doesn't often stop me though, as I'm Canadian and have a worldwide reputation to maintain for queen and country!

Please understand that I personally LOVE the sim, and genuinely thank the creators for raising the bar industry wide, which can only be good for everyone in the flight sim community. The major issue I have is with Ubisoft. They should market in a more responsible manner. Yes...it was too late to update the box art. I would hate them to waste money on throwing away boxes and remaking new ones, and I would have whined and moaned if this action had delayed the game's original November release even a day. My issue is that a newbie, never having been here, never having read anything but Ubi's promo site for Pacific Fighters would still TO THIS DAY think he was buying a complete game. The official Ubi web site for Pacific Fighters STILL says it comes with these missing items everyone is worked up about. I'm sorry if it offends the Maddox groupies, but that's just plain dishonest. I was informed today via telephone by support people at Montreal Canada's office that the false information on the main page was an "oversight", and the main page for PF is going to be reviewed, and I was thanked for pointing it out. Lets see what happens... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually beer does same me
    And I know that when asked when patch is coming it starts that --> "Two weeks - be sure "
    But it is somekind inside joke here forum

Anyway, I wait patch too and it comes when comes - hope soon

Relax Guys, Oleg is the only FS Developer who has not let us down, he's on our side. We are fortunate to have him in this business, if he wasn't we'd all be playing **** flight sims like MSCFS3.

Just give him some time, Oleg Will Make it Do What it's Gonna Do, - Yeah Baby!

Good things come to those who wait.