Consider this, and count your lucky stars.

fordfan25's Avatar Senior Member
    please. i was in desert storm when i was 3 1/2. i flew A-10s lol

I'm 14 and 9 months old. A kid the same age went to fight at Gallipoli in WW1. Bloody hell.

Jumoschwanz's Avatar Banned
    My wife's father lied about his age and joined the army during WWII at age sixteen. He went to Europe and fought over there for the duration.

S!

Jumoschwanz

Originally posted by HotelBushranger:
    I'm 14 and 9 months old. A kid the same age went to fight at Gallipoli in WW1. Bloody hell.
    You are just 3 months older than me... Am I the youngest here?

DuxCorvan's Avatar Senior Member
    My g/f's grandfather was assasinated by anarchist militia forces during Spanish Civil War when he was a POW. He was just 17. Nonetheless, he had managed to be a sixteen-year-old father -my g/f's father was his son.

LEBillfish's Avatar Senior Member
    I can tell you for a fact children from 6 up still to this day are used all over the world in skirmishes/revolutions/wars. Be it to slip messages through, run ammo, sometimes even having a gun thrust in their hands and just told to shoot "that way".

Though normally in third world countries I can also state that "World Powers" forces will also utilize the local children often to degrees you wouldn't believe as they are "expendable and not their own" that view often held by all sides.

That said, it is not meant to trump the initiating post, yet simply to show how "flexible" moralities become in times of crisis.

Sadly, most teen males if given the chance would jump at the idea of rushing off to war obviously just seeing the "glory, excitement, and perhaps more so the chance to leapfrog to adult".

No shame on the children, shame on those adults though who either let them "slip through" into harms way or worse still "press" them into service.....Coincidentally, the ones letting them slip by or often pressing them in out of harms way.......go figure.

Talking about "KIDS" in the military >>>>> America's Army. The game is made by the US Army and distributed free for what reason? They want our kids to play these games and get all excited about being a soldier without knowing any real pain (mental or physical). The ARMY is desensitizing our children.

sapre's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally posted by 9th_Spitin:
    Talking about "KIDS" in the military >>>>> America's Army. The game is made by the US Army and distributed free for what reason? They want our kids to play these games and get all excited about being a soldier without knowing any real pain (mental or physical). The ARMY is desensitizing our children.
    Do you seriously believe someone is going to join the army after playing that game?

I had the Il 2 sturmovik game as soon as it came out, now i'm 16 and i hear that people went to war at 16 and to be truethful i would really love to have flown in the battle of britain and in any other scenario, just for the feel of the aeroplane