I have only had PF a few days and been enjoying playing with the Corsair carrier ops. I've read that the seat raises when the canopy is opened to allow better viewing over the nose for take offs and such and you see it work when observing from an outside view, yet, in cockpit view doesn't seem to reflect this when opening the canopy. Anyone else notice this?

I have only had PF a few days and been enjoying playing with the Corsair carrier ops. I've read that the seat raises when the canopy is opened to allow better viewing over the nose for take offs and such and you see it work when observing from an outside view, yet, in cockpit view doesn't seem to reflect this when opening the canopy. Anyone else notice this?

Trailryder, go to the Controls Menu; there's a control --Toggle Seat Position, assign a key and you're set. You need to have your canopy open to have the control to work.

:| Learn something new every day on these forums

Ok, so you're saying toggling the canopy, tho it also raises the seat as seen from an outside view, isn't supposed to raise it from the in cockpit view, so you have to assign another key for "that". Will do, Thanks.

I suppose trying to toggle the seat position from in cockpit won't work with the canopy closed?

Boy there is nothing like continuity of information. According to the PF review at SimHQ you can€t raise the seat of the Corsair. From my experience you can€t raise the seat in any plane, or at least any plane I have tried. I assigned a control and it just doesn€t do anything.

BSS_Goat's Avatar Senior Member
    You can raise the seat only in [shift]F1 view.

Wildcat and Corsair that I know of.

Thank you, I'll try that. I wonder why that had to be a secret.

Zero and Val can also have rasied seat view

Yeah, I got it working now. Boy that would have been handy before. Landing on a carrier is hard enough as it is.