I seem to recall somewhere in the back of my mind (a dark and dusty place, let me assure you), some discussions awhile back about a Korea Expansion being done for FB/AEP/PF by some third party?

Is that (or was that) the case, or is it just the above noted fever induced dream?

'Cause, that'd be AWESOME.

SH

SkyChimp's Avatar Senior Member
    I hope for a seperate Korean War sim, not an add-on. I don't think a Korea add-on will ever happen. And as much as I love that Oleg, I'd hate to have a sim where the MiG-15 is a UFO and the F-86 can't get off the ground.

I wish.....this sim lends itself rather well to jets I think. Most of the vehicles etc are already here, just need a few jets and a map with part of japan and korea in it. I dont think there will be anything like this in this sim. It would hvae to be a third party project i believe.

LEXX_Luthor's Avatar Senior Member
    Don't fool yourself Enforcer, this sim -- the terrain engine -- is the worst possible for high altitude air warfare. You know this, you know why, along with everybody at this webboard.

You can't sell a Korea sim, not by itself. You have to design Korea as a profitable Addon Pac to a larger 1950-1970 international combat jet sim.

well youre probably right, but i was just thinking of the cmpn "shooting stars" with the jet action in it, mostly at low alt though. I think it has the potentil for being a good one for korea wiht a small number of tweaks.

I agree that it would probalby need to be an adon to amore modern sim, like maybe lomac. How tough would that be i wonder. I tried to get into "mig alley", but maybe I didnt fly it long enough...had some major glaring flaws, like F-86Fs having elevators, and that goofy AC position indicator, and a lack of an actual misn blder where you could start from scratch.

I was kinda thinking an adon for a jet sim for the 65 and 71 india/pakistan wars, as well as for mideast wars in that time, would be pretty interesting. Is there another jet sim around other than lomac these days? I also think we will never have a korea carrier sim either-too much of an afterthought i guess.

LEXX_Luthor's Avatar Senior Member
    Enforcer::
    I agree that it would probalby need to be an adon to amore modern sim, like maybe lomac.
    I think LOMAC was too modern, and the Devs had no absolutely NO interest in going back in time to far more interesting jet air and air-ground operations.

StrikeFighters and Wings Over Vietnam has all you mention and far more (korea, carriers, etc...), although the Indo/Pak campaign is still in development. But if you go there, get with me on how to astronomically pump up the sim because the default grafix settings and control settings are very conservative -- far too much so. Goto the office supply stores and find SF in the bargain bin for 5 or 10 dollars. WoV you may still be able to find at CompUSA as its a more recent addon. Be careful of ebay as the original pre-releace or (needless to say) "WalMart Version" of SF is not patchable at all.

Some stuff I am modding over the SF...needless to say, its an extremely open sim...

~ http://bbs.thirdwire.com/phpBB/viewt...=2092&start=16

Badsight.'s Avatar Senior Member
    i dont trust MG to make a Korean airwar simulator

maybe with the next gen engine they are making for BoB , but not on what FB has been like

There is a free Korea pack for CFS3 similar to the WW1 Fields over Flanders, I've got it, but haven't actually bothered to play it much, does have a lot of the aircraft though.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last ►►