Korea you say,,, F4AF for a modern version, no F86's though I'm afraid

I wasnt at all familiar wiht strike fighters....didnt know it was that expandable.I used to really enjoy the EA navy fihgters/nato fighters/fighters anthology sims....really advanced in their day. I made my own version of load outs i htought were far more realistic. But that was a great set of sims, and had a fantastic misn blder.

Gotta find this somewehre, though I dunno when id fly it. Ive got EAs USAF and IAF, but they seem to be very unfinished.

I wasnt aware of korea ops being availible anywhere ohter than cfs2.....and you gotta do so many user made fixes to fly that thing.

There was also a good user made adon called sabre V mig for CFS2, but the sim just wasnt able to deal wiht jets too well for some reason.
    Lots of good material in the jet age for combat sims, but htey need to be user modable and have a good misn blder to be whats needed.

LEXX_Luthor's Avatar Senior Member
    Its far more deep than it appears. For example, out of the box (Wings Over Vietnam), you can't look out the right side window of the A6 cockpit, but a single number change in the A6Acockpit.ini, a view angle, changes this. Like I said, if you happen to get it, get with me about the environment and control settings file -- out of box the settings are horribly conservative and in fact, my new cirrus clouds won't even work without a change in the default FarClip distance settings.

Active SF/WoV board ~> http://www.simhq.com/simhq3/sims/boa...bb=forum;f=145

teh simhq also has a forum for FB/PF, and all military type simulations (ground, sea, air).

Publisher's SF/WoV webboard ~> http://bbs.thirdwire.com/phpBB/

We have a most successful 3rd Party Mission Editor. Here I test inside the editor a larger Celebes map I made (made with publisher's Terrain Editor).

Ya, it takes alot of work to bulk out the sim, but its getting more standardized over time, and more hidden features are being found. Best, its still (slowly) under publisher development as we post.

First of all,ask who is interested in Korea sim?

Surely not me,there`s no German stuff there.

And as much as I was hoping to make the Ki61 my plane of second choice,the PTO is pretty much dead in the game

Originally posted by carguy_:

Surely not me,there`s no German stuff there.

And as much as I was hoping to make the Ki61 my plane of second choice,the PTO is pretty much dead in the game
    Okay... Who is interested in a Korea sim, then? I am!

Besides, the West and East German airforces flew F-86s and MiG-15s, respectively... so there are 2 germans planes for you.

Still, I'm not campaigning for it (although I would love it). I was checking whether my memory on the issue is correct - was there some (seemingly) serious talk awhile back on a possibel Korea expansion/sim/whatever?

SH

Originally posted by carguy_:

Uh, sign me up! I'm interested.

You can fly Mig-15s Carguy. The rumor is that East Germans flew for the Reds in Korea. I'll take one F-86 please.

I don`t fly migs.

I burn them.

LEXX_Luthor's Avatar Senior Member
    Real Americans love to fly MiGs

Private MiGs ~> http://aeroweb.lucia.it/~agretch/Fea...ivateMiGs.html

p1ngu666's Avatar Senior Member
    target market : americans who wanna fly hero planes and shoot down those evil commie's

MMMM... F86 Sabre (drools)