Originally posted by membernametaken:
    Just make a new account... you only have 2 posts.
    it's a little bit of a hassle, but it's the easiest way of doing it.

By the way, can I just say that you (MNT) have possibly the coolest username of all time

Originally posted by Styla1981:
    Thanks for the comments!
    This was a quick one only (1min, really), just to show that it can be done.
    Actually I have no special computer skills so dont expect huge things from me.
    Now a little tutorial for all you who either have to much time or really do have some mad skills:
    First download this: TexMod, which is I think the greatest gamer program ever. With this tool, you can practically exxtract every texture for every game (but it doesnt work on all games, even in Assassins Creed it doesnt work 100%).
    http://www.overlord-game.de/component/option,com_remosi...unc,startdown/id,26/
    How does this work ?
    The program is based on packages, you can either build or use other peoples packages. Packages contain the replaced textures is in most common pictureformats (PNG BMP DDS TGA [HDR] and some other). The only thing is that you have to run it through texmod, so on "older PCs"(like mine), which dont really have the minimum systemrequirements, texmod will so down a bit.
    How do I extract some textures by myself?
    So you start Texmod choose your AC.exe (choose the right DX) and click on logging mode. Change the options to your needs and then click on run. Now comes the annoying part: You have to search the texture you want ingame. Slect the textures by pressing + or -. If you have chosen the right settings, the texture will turn green, extract with ENTER. You can change in options BEFORE starting the game.
    How do I replace the textures by myself?
    After you extracted the textures, You can edit them in any Photopragram you want (if you can open the file format). SAve the texture and then go to package build in texmod. Choose the log and delete unused ut extracted textures out of the log. Then build the package and play the game through texmod on package mode.

SOme guys asked for it so here is the black Altair (DX9 ONLY!, really sorry): http://files.filefront.com/assasinst.../fileinfo.html

I dont think that Im gonna update this again, since I have no Photoshop skills. This version is very beta only and the GPS will change a bit and the dagger will have MIFU on it. Maybe some crashes will occur after 1-2 hours.

How do I change the name here? Styla is a bad name.And sorry for my english. Please someone do some mods
    Thanks a lot for the info!
    I might give this a try, actually. I don't have any mad photoshop skills but I've recoloured quite a lot for the Sims2(and then I look at the pretty dress I made, I'm happy, I turn the game off and that's it. I have way too much time! ). It's not gonna be spectacular but it might be fun...
    Anyway, thanks a lot styla-person who wants another name!

yes it is the first sign of a mod but it is one of the most basic type it is just a re colour of the original mesh.

It's still a very good one. Recolouring everything properly, even in one block, is nothing to be scoffed at

When recolouring you have to be careful about bump maps and shadows. If you mange to do those well with your new texture, it'll look nice.
    You can also just do an H/S/L recolour but that's lame. Unless the original texture was added by you.

I have no idea what H/S/L even is, so I'll nod and say I agree

Hue/Saturation/Lightness
    Basically you're not doing anything. You just change the colour of someone else's hard work.
    Add your own texture, dammit.

it would also be realy easy to do on altair since his costume gives a white base.

If I knew how I would, seriously I would, but I'm just not any good at art. Though I did get my first paid writing project published today

HannahIsMyName's Avatar Member
    still happy about that one bob?