Just a small news update, please do not turn this thread into another discussion or flame war!

It was announced on twitter that the PC version of the game was delayed until "first quarter 2010", but without a specific date. I know this date is still unconfirmed, but according to the page update on Play.com, the PC version is now expected on March 05, 2010.

Let's hope that gives them enough time to figure out how they want to deal with the piracy issue in the future.

However it turns out, I will not be waiting. They've lost me as potential buyer.

Vegara's Avatar Junior Member
    I just hope they would just cancel the delay. That's pretty much the only thing that keeps me visiting here... But yes, it is fools hope. Preorder and everything... Damn!

Originally posted by Vegara:
    I just hope they would just cancel the delay. That's pretty much the only thing that keeps me visiting here... But yes, it is fools hope. Preorder and everything... Damn!
    You too, huh?

I don't see any reason for there to be a bug on the PC version, what platform do you think they use to develop videogames in the first place?

As for piracy, it's still going to get pirated when it comes out, and for now hardcore pirates are just going to find ways to copy the console versions.

And what is Ubi planning for the PC edition anyway, what bonuses will be included? The PC version of AC1 was a letdown, 4 new investigation types didn't really add anything new to the experience. Lamest excuse for a delay ever.

Vegara's Avatar Junior Member
    I'm with you here xanatos. I can't understand why they had to delay the pc version for friggin 5 months ! It's like they've planned this all along, even they convinced the other.

Originally posted by sbredflag:

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1069024/m/4091039197

search button please...
    I saw that thread, and I saw that it got closed due to the flame wars going on there (see my first line!) What I did not find anywhere in that thread, is the new release date. As I thought people might be interested in that, I posted it here. If you're not... just move along

They better include a whole lot of additional content to make up for almost HALF A YEAR more waiting.

KZarr's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
    I don't see any reason for there to be a bug on the PC version, what platform do you think they use to develop videogames in the first place?
    Of course they used PC to develop. But then again 360's and PS3 are exactly the same as PC(PS3's can even be turned into PC's). It's just that they have different OS and Firmware.

The problem with releasing it on PC is that there are millions of specifications and configurations possible which makes optimizing it and taking the bugs out a nightmare.

Originally posted by KZarr:
    The problem with releasing it on PC is that there are millions of specifications and configurations possible which makes optimizing it and taking the bugs out a nightmare.
    Makes me woner why, not long ago, they announced that all 3 versions would come out the same day. They have already known back then that PC games might take longer.

vanbuskirks's Avatar Member
    I didn't even get a chance to post in the original delayed thread due to the flame war. Though I am saddened by this delay I am not in the least bit surprised. PC always receives the short end of the stick even thought most PCs are much more powerful than their console counterparts. I agree that this is a dark time for PC gamers, which I attribute mostly to the 'ease' of playing games on a console. I seems a common theme that people do not want to take the time to figure out how and why something works, instead, they would rather just do and be ignorant of the world around them. I understand that Ubi is a business and they must make decisions to minimize profit loss, but like many people have said, I would have appreciated honesty in the first place. There's no way they didn't have this planned for a couple months seeing as they already have a new release date. For us honest PC users that want to enjoy the game on the highest of settings (I guarantee AC2 will look way better on my PC than any xbox or PS3) this delay is simply a slap in the face.

EDIT: P.S. In the meantime I will be enjoying Dragon Ages: Orgin. BioWare sticks to their schedule and has never put PC gamers on the back burner. Take notes UBI!