BaldieJr's Avatar Senior Member
    Now I have no stutters

I used this:
    http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=951

What I did: I matched my graphics cards' latency to my north bridges' latency.

Then I matched my IDE controllers latency to my south bridges' latency.

Lastly, I set my sound card to match everything else (I think it was 32).

Result: Much smother game, and after setting the game to use soundlbaster live! / proper card in il2setup, the sound is AWESOME.

STOP! READ MORE OF THIS THREAD BEFORE YOU ATTEMPT!

You should attempt to set graphics, sound, network all to 64 first, and if nothing freaks out, try 32. If the game gets worse, go back to 64.

Udidtoo's Avatar Senior Member
    Baldie, I'll understand if you need to laugh at me and I'll give you 20 or so for asking such a goof question, especially as I'm pretty sure I know this but I'm medicated. How does one determine if 16 or 32 is the better choice . I have the Audigy 2 zs myself.I,ve never really tried to see if I notice a stutter improvement with the 2 choices just sound quality.

Congratulations!

When I try to set my TI-4200 PCI latency from 248 to 64 and set it to 'load/run at startup' and the pc starts up it says ...'Could not load driver'...

Oh well, I should be happy my rig does not like any kind of tweaking, or any overclocking.... it saves me a lot of time...
    SouthBridge ... NorthBridge... Mine is 'a Bridge too far' (It's a funny joke to me 'cos I live in the city a large part of that movie was filmed at... and it was not Arnhem ;-)

(The only real tweaking that gave me a lot better FPS was switching from Perfect to Excellent ;-)

BaldieJr's Avatar Senior Member
    Oops.

I went through the first 8 pages of their forum and the majority are seeing improvement. It appears setting the vga compatible value causes the greatest results. Most have derived improvement from 32, 64 or 128. Also, check apply for it to set at start up; sometimes it still won't set and you have to manually change it before playing. Below is one of the more informed posts...

To everyone wondering how to set this,,,,If your pci latencey was at 32, leave it. If your agp was like 248 for nvidia. and 255, for ati, just set it to 64. I read where the ati cards force it back to 255, but theres a registry tweak to keep it from happening....I posted a link above that explains it pretty darn good...or just do a google on ATI video card latency, or something like that...There is plenty info on the topic..If you have an EVGA 6800GT..in the owners manual, they recommend setting it to 128....I did just that. I wasn't having any troubles, but my sound improved,,everywhere ! ... you just need to try 128 and 64..See what works best for your setup. It's not gonna give you better benches or anything, it will just even things out so that the video card won't have an opportunity to hog the bus....Smoother performance..not faster, just better. and less static and stutter in 3D games. Thats how I understand it...

tsisqua's Avatar Senior Member
    What was the tweak for the ATI cards? I can't find it over there.

Oh, and thanks a million
    Tsisqua

I didn`t manage to read through it all so I ask what are bad side effects?Cuz there are always some.

SlickStick's Avatar Banned
    The downside is that latency is how long a device can hold the bus to get information, before it has to let the next device have it.

If you set it too fast, you might not leave enough delay for data to be accessed, causing stutters because it didn't get all of the data.

baldie, what do you make of this? If you would please...

I set AGP to 64, but just curious as my South Bridge is 000, and my IDE is 32. I wouldn't want to set IDE to 0, correct? Anything else you would recommend, guilt-free? I read in the readme that a value of 000 or 008 most likely means not adjustable.

I've already seen an amazing improvement in sound, both in PF and AEP, though. Thanks for the link.

tsisqua's Avatar Senior Member
    Got'er working

That's much nicer, and I think this is a keeper!

Thanks Again, my bald brother.
    Tsisqua

Ah cripes, I'm going to be tired tommorrow. Worked a 12 hour day today and will again tommorrow and you go and post something like this I'm going to be up way to late now

Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last ►►