View Poll Results: How difficult do you want escaping to be in single player?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Harder than AC1

20 40.82%
  • Same as AC1

12 24.49%
  • In the middle of AC1 and 2

8 16.33%
  • Same as AC2

6 12.24%
  • Something different (please explain)

3 6.12%
    I really liked in AC1 the feel of running from tons of guards and having to break line of sight then duck into hiding. Also the slower climbing and general less climbability of the buildings made finding your roof access more challenging.
    AC2 made it way too easy IMHO just climb up the first vertical surface and just run along rooftops for 10 seconds and you're free... not very exciting.
    Also having guards continually pour in during the fight made them feel more epic whereas in the sequel you kill a couple brutes and the rest take off... hrmph.

The escapes were probably one of the best bits of AC1, especially with that adrenaline-pumping music coercing you along. Sometimes I'd intentionally slow down just so the chase would last longer.

yeah, AC2 guards where dumb as heck. Like ive said alot recently Guards need to be pose enough of a threat so a large group of 6+ guards makes the player at least think of running vs loosing most of their health (where AC2, damage usually only came from falling, and you had so many potions that you could just ganster style though any fight). and guards need to be able to hunt you down with the same drive as they did in AC1. that way the stealth element is a bit more involved in basic play.

seekers should also occasionally show up more often so we can stealth kill occasionally, though I think their main place is for keeping the player on their toes when using stealth on assassination sequences

Yeah same I think the problem with AC2 was that Ubi thought, "Well, hey you know maybe if your team was fighting 1 dude, and he takes out your commanding officer(s) who just happen to be fully armored and wielding big-@$$ axes, while you don't have any armor and just have a sword, you would lay a couple in your pants and straight up book it". So that's probably why they did that, opposed to AC1 when, as you said, the guards kept coming.

Originally posted by primerib69:
    Yeah same I think the problem with AC2 was that Ubi thought, "Well, hey you know maybe if your team was fighting 1 dude, and he takes out your commanding officer(s) who just happen to be fully armored and wielding big-@$$ axes, while you don't have any armor and just have a sword, you would lay a couple in your pants and straight up book it". So that's probably why they did that, opposed to AC1 when, as you said, the guards kept coming.
    That did not make any sense whatsoever!

I understood him. And it's a LOGICAL design choice but it's not a very FUN design.

notafanboy's Avatar Senior Member
    none of those ..... i want the guards to be as bad as in ac2 BUT i want the agile to be able to climb walls and do everything ezio does

I want it to be a bit more difficult than in AC1, something that I THOUGHT was going to happen in AC2. When I heard about the Agile guards being able to run faster than you, I thought it was going to mean that these escapes would push my skill to the limit and have me tested... instead it's a "OK, I'll kill the guy, throw a smoke bomb and run for 10 seconds".

Mission accomplished.

That's actually part of what makes multi-player so exciting. Actually chasing and being chased by equally abilitied players... <drool>
    Finally a worthy challenge!

Originally posted by AMuppetMatt:
    I want it to be a bit more difficult than in AC1, something that I THOUGHT was going to happen in AC2. When I heard about the Agile guards being able to run faster than you, I thought it was going to mean that these escapes would push my skill to the limit and have me tested... instead it's a "OK, I'll kill the guy, throw a smoke bomb and run for 10 seconds".

Mission accomplished.
    You don't even need the bomb