View Poll Results: Would you like to see some kind of horde mode in future Assassin's Creed games where you could just

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

14 77.78%
  • No

4 22.22%
  • Other (explain in a response)

0 0%
    This ofcourse is not something that would be implemented into the single player storyline, it's like side quests, or a four (or less) players co-op mode.

The virtual training mode indeed had something like it, but there were still too few enemies, the environment was boring and there was no good soundtrack playing, thus not giving you the badass feeling I'm speaking of.

naran6142's Avatar Senior Member
    yes

VR training needs to come back and have a mode like this in it

SolidSage's Avatar Senior Member
    It could be one mission with a cap on the waves at about 5 or so. So you know, wave 1 is 15 low level chumps for feeding your sword, then the AI and total number of AI increases with each wave, increasing the difficulty.
    In story, you'd womp em, complete wave 5 and head on to the next mission.
    In horde mode, the waves keep coming, like Gears until 10, then it resets but wave 1 is now increased in difficulty.
    I would copy Gears.

Or it could be not attached to the story, adn just be a Templar training session, pick a MP map and just bust some chops with your homies, setting benchmarks and stuff. Gotta have a buddy heal in there too, get to drop in on ten dudes like a champ, drag your flailing pal out of there like some legendary champion of warriordom.

SixKeys's Avatar Senior Member
    It's something that could be fun in a Virtual Training mode.

Black_Widow9's Avatar Community Representative
    Originally posted by xCr0wnedNorris:
    I've been asking for something like this since they came out with Virtual Training in Brotherhood.
    Yes in the Training in Brotherhood you could do this. It may be sightly achievable if your Templar awareness is maxed out and you go where there are a lot of guards, Janissaries or at the Dens before you overtake them...

ShaneO7K's Avatar Senior Member
    Maybe a different take on Den Defense where it isn't a Tower Defense type game mode. But instead you must defend a fort of some kind. Maybe similar to the attack on the Villa in ACB but on a smaller scale.....hmmm I am terrible at describing things.

naran6142's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally posted by dead_gunner187:
    Maybe a different take on Den Defense where it isn't a Tower Defense type game mode. But instead you must defend a fort of some kind. Maybe similar to the attack on the Villa in ACB but on a smaller scale.....hmmm I am terrible at describing things.
    you mean like a bunch of Templar run in and you fight them off??

ProdiGurl's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally posted by naran6142:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dead_gunner187:
    you mean like a bunch of Templar run in and you fight them off?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

@ Dead gunner,
    Do you mean like the Templars don't go after each den but attack the main Assassin HQ's instead?

As long as they made the combat difficult and losable - some sort of lower scale battle/mission with the Templars is a good idea.
    All I think is if they kept some form of Den Defense, it shouldn't be as easy as regular AI combat is w/ the Kill Streak.
    I think that would be more fun, challenging & it keeps with the Assassin secrecy theme.

ShaneO7K's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally posted by ProdiGurl:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by naran6142:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dead_gunner187:
    you mean like a bunch of Templar run in and you fight them off?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

@ Dead gunner,
    Do you mean like the Templars don't go after each den but attack the main Assassin HQ's instead?

As long as they made the combat difficult and losable - some sort of lower scale battle/mission with the Templars is a good idea.
    All I think is if they kept some form of Den Defense, it shouldn't be as easy as regular AI combat is w/ the Kill Streak.
    I think that would be more fun, challenging & it keeps with the Assassin secrecy theme. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah I was really tired when I wrote that, but if it was something that actually felt like it could happen within ACs story. Maybe each map is a different battle in time (not going to far into the present of course) that the Assassins took part in. Each map would have a different group of assassins that each have their own look and prefered weapon sets. Each assassin would be of different rank which give them different unlockable (and very time limited abilities). The character which is the rank of Master Assassin (once they have enough points) could order arrows to come down on an area of their choosing. Other ranks could have their own unique abilities that I will not go into.

Points are achieved in a kind of similar fashion as multiplayer, through getting kills ofcourse, the style of the kill and if what you have done has assisted a team member.

A map that could be used for example is when the Mongols are attacking Masyaf. Each map would have their own main objectives and vary on what the team as a whole could unlock. For the Masyaf map (keeping the den defense idea in mind) the objective would be to prevent a set number of Mongols reaching the castle. The unlockable which would be the most costly and powerful would possibly be a burst from the PoE eliminating all Mongols in the city at that time giving the players some time to catch a breather and get themselves sorted.

The players would only start with basic weapons and combat similar to AC1 & AC2 as in no killstreaks. The more advanced weapons could be purchased with points and a killstreak could also be bought but would only last for a set amount of time.

Thats as much as I'll go into at the minute. Not saying this should be the way it's done but I think if it goes even a bit in that direction it wouldn't be too bad.