while a nice idea, it would make for very empty servers. As you say people are used to "fight till the death" so many would die.

Then there are rammers, sniper-gunners in bombers, and also TKers.

It would quickly get out of hand.

Would be kind of nice however...

Akronnick's Avatar Senior Member
    WarClouds used to to something like that, they had a feature that if you got killed three times, it would kick you and not allow you log back in for five minutes. Not sure if they're still doing it or not.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

---Loose nut removed from cockpit, ship OK

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Akronnick:
    WarClouds used to to something like that, they had a feature that if you got killed three times, it would kick you and not allow you log back in for five minutes. Not sure if they're still doing it or not. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Still using the 3 deathkick .

Your Pilot Dies or gets Captured 3 times, you are temp banned from the server for 5 mins. Been running that way 4+ years now, don't think it will change.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

SPaRX

www.war-clouds.com

"Why do they call it common sense when it is so uncommon!?!?"

George "Lefty" Whitman: "it is not the plane, it is not the pilot. It is the opportunity. The best pilot in the world is useless if he got surprised or caught in a bad position. "

Akronnick's Avatar Senior Member
    Good to know. I've recently gotten back online after a long hiatus, and didn't see the deathkick mentioned in the mision breifings and I haven't played long enough in one session to rack up three 'deaths', so I wasn't sure that you were still using it. It's nice to know that you still are.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

---Loose nut removed from cockpit, ship OK

It is a good idea, but the potential for TKers to get others booted is there unless there is something to boot them for doing it...

Other games eg. Call of Duty series, have timeout in some of their online games if you get killed - you have to wait for the next game round, usually 5-10 minutes. They also have the choice of effects to use on the server for friendly/deliberate TK fire, usually "reflective" (where the shooter suffers the same effects of the damage they are causing on team-mates) or "death". This works fine as a game feature but obviously isn't realistic.

This is where IL2 would suffer as the realism factor would be lost if something similar was introduced.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

"Well, whadya know...no more buwwets!"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I think it would be cool if there was a server that if you got shot down and killed you couldnt refly for a set amount of time, say until next map change. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Nice idea and this is exactly how co-op missions work You assumption is true, it makes people much more careful in combat.

However, as already pointed out, most people prefer dogfighting every minute. So the more you increase the realism, the smaller the player base gets.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

A "world's first": fully automatic, dedicated COOP server controller. Features and available servers here.

Everytime I log in to this site,
    my routers logfile tells that
    sjl-statistic3.sjl.youtube.com makes a query from my computer.

I have formatted my hardrive and reinstalled my O.S antivirus, firewall and pup-removal program, and the first time I looked at this site, I got this message.

Everytime I log in to this site,
    my routers logfile tells that
    sjl-statistic3.sjl.youtube.com makes a query from my computer.

I have formatted my hardrive and reinstalled my O.S antivirus, firewall and pup-removal program, and the first time I looked at this site, I got this message.

slipBall's Avatar Senior Member
    One of the viewings that you did in the past...inserted something bad...I just read a warning about this very thing...a couple of weeks ago in the Kim Kamando news letter <div class="ev_tpc_signature">

My computer is clean, a fresh installed software, the first time I used internet explorer.