I have it on my D: drive but before that I had it on my C drive then I had to reinstall and I puted it on D: (I use D to my games)

so I have it in C and D

Shall I delete all files from my C drive and reinstall on my D?

But where did you put it in on D:

Like normaly it goes into:
    "C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946"

If you did put it on the D: drive you changed that line into something else.
    Thats where the location of the folder where the game is and that where the patch files need to go.

You could browse to "C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946" and copie the files that are in there and paste them into D: drive in the folder where your game is in, that should patch it also.

P.S. if i install something on an other drive i only change "C:\Program Files\" by simply deleting "Program Files\" from that line and changing "C" to wich ever drive i want it to be in.
    So in my case it would become: "D:\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946"

I puted it on:

D:\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946

were the maps is

New installation

I just installed IL2 1946 into a new C Drive folder IL2 1946 I added the "no cd" exe. file, removed the "Read Only" setting on all the files in the Directory, then set to adding the patches.
    I run the patch file as an Administrator.
    The window opens to input the target directory which I manually add as C:\IL2 1946.
    After that nothing happens.
    Is there something else I should be doing?
    (I tried installing in the Program Files and (x86) folders but the patches would not install there either.
    Version 407 runs fine in Vista Service Pack 2 compatibility same as it did on my previous PC.

Sorted

I just copied a fully installed and patched to the latest 13 patch from my laptop to a folder on my new PC where the patches were failing to instll.
    So far it looks like it's running ok.