Being in these forums for quite a while now, I see people arguing about how Ezio's face in Revelations is quite ugly compared to his Brotherhood face. I disagree. I decided to make a comparison shot of Ezio/Desmond's face from Brotherhood to the new face model from Revelations which was edited to suit Ezio's various age growths (via the magic of Photoshop) which I then put onto the Brotherhood outfit model. Enjoy :P

kriegerdesgottes's Avatar Senior Member
    Very nicely done first of all. I always thought Desmond looked a lot like Ezio but I didn't realize how close they really are.

Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
    Very nicely done first of all. I always thought Desmond looked a lot like Ezio but I didn't realize how close they really are.
    Thanks! Yea, I was kinda surprised by finding out that they were basically the same model, the only difference being the textures for the older Ezio.

Calvarok's Avatar Senior Member
    I'm glad thay took out the annoying frown lines on ezio's face. He can't have that many frown lines all the time, it just makes him look unnaturally angry or tired!

Now they got the new emotion system that can have dynamic frown lines!!!

Anyways, those lips look totally non-monkeyish to me, so hah.

He looks close enough, but just way more detailed, expecaially the lining of his face.

I have to say though this really brings home for me how different he really does look than he did in previous games. I still don't think it's a big deal because he is still recognizable but he looks so different compared to the previous ACII/ACB model.

I have to say though this really brings home for me how different he really does look than he did in previous . I still don't think it's a big deal because he is still recognizable but he looks so different compared to the previous ACII/ACB model.
    In that recent interview we had with Darby and Poiker, they explained that in AC1, with abstergo's animus, the animus used exactly the face of the user, including hairstyle and facial hair.

Then in AC2 and ACB, the Assassin animus showed a cross between Desmond and Ezio, with Desmond as the base model, but things like facial hair, expressions, and wrinkles and hair being Ezio's.

Now in Revelations, either because of the black room or Rebecca's latest update (the code in a trailer shows us this is a new animus software version) it is showing full on what Ezio looked like.

That combined with the graphical enhancements makes Ezio look a lot different from what he used to.

And regarding how DESMOND has changed, actually, Desmond was based off the model whose face they scanned for Desmond in Revelations, so now Desmond looks more like they wanted him to look like in the first place.

The unnatural lighting of the Black Room and his more expressive face is throwing people off a bit. It's still unmistakably Desmond.

Jexx21's Avatar Senior Member
    I agree with CAlvarok here.

Yes I realize that is the reason. I just hate that stupid excuse. lol. And actually according to the Podcast with Escoblades, I believe it was falko poiker or Darby who said that because of the new textures and better graphics the faces just look different which is why desmond looks so different in Revelations which I don't get either really. Why would improving your graphics change the physical appearance of the characters? I suppose there is some technical reason for it that I wouldn't understand.

Yes I realize that is the reason. I just hate that stupid excuse. lol. And actually according to the Podcast with Escoblades, I believe it was falko poiker or Darby who said that because of the new textures and better graphics the faces just look different which is why desmond looks so different in Revelations which I don't get either really. Why would improving your graphics change the physical appearance of the characters? I suppose there is some technical reason for it that I wouldn't understand.
    Well really, it's not just like pressing a button and the face automatically upgradig. When a face is made, it is usually constructed from nothing, in Desmond's AC1, 2, B case, it was constructed using Fransisco randez as a reference.

For Revelations, they were able to match his face a lot more closely with an actual scan of his face, which the artist then used to allow for a much closer match, with far more realism than can be crafted quickly enough by hand, and which can be molded more easily by animators.

So all of the changes are him just looking more like what he's supposed to look like.

Originally posted by Calvarok:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
    Well really, it's not just like pressing a button and the face automatically upgradig. When a face is made, it is usually constructed from nothing, in Desmond's AC1, 2, B case, it was constructed using Fransisco randez as a reference.

For Revelations, they were able to match his face a lot more closely with an actual scan of his face, which the artist then used to allow for a much closer match, with far more realism than can be crafted quickly enough by hand, and which can be molded more easily by animators.

So all of the changes are him just looking more like what he's supposed to look like. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah could be and I believe they did say on the podcast that they had him come back in and make more models but I feel like old Desmond's face resembles Francisco's much more than the new one does. Revelations could always end up proving me wrong though when it comes out.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last ►►