jugent's Avatar Senior Member
    I think that the allied aircrafts where better than the blue side before this patch, and now they got the Tempest and the highpressure spit.
    Its no fun, its like a comparison from the Olympic games, like russia is playing against Italy.
    I will stop playing this game until the sides are more balanced.
    Take the Pacific theatre as a varning, the japanese aircrafts are so bad, the theatre has lost its popularity.
    Im setting my hope to BoB, see you then

You can still play offline against rookie Allied planes. Loads of fun, believe me. When I have enough of online humiliation, I go back offline, set my enemy loadout empty and shred them to pieces. From your complaint I hear that you need this from time to time.

Jumoschwanz's Avatar Banned
    In real life the allied planes were better and more numerous too, that is why they swatted the axis craft out of the air and gained control of the airspace.

This is a "sim", the more life-like the better. The axis craft had poor build quality because among other things the axis did not have access to the materials to build the planes to specification, thus wooden tails and propellers, and lots of half-finished craft just sitting around because of lack of parts.

If you want some dream-world where the axis powers dominate everything and in the 21st century everyone has blue eyes and blonde hair, then go in your sandbox with some models and set up that scenario for yourself, or set it up in the FMB offline, or start a server where the planes you like, has never and better equipment than the planes and side you do not like, it has been done before and is being done now.

I like flying axis craft, and enjoy figuring out tactics and battle-plans to defeat better organized and equiped adversaries. I fly alone on servers against squads with coms and other advantages, and do ok most of the time.

I accept late-war allied dominace as part of history.
    What I do not go for is when a server run by an allied squad puts late war allied craft into an early war server, that is when it is unfair.
    In late war, especially late 1943 to the end, it is just a fact that the allied planes will be better.

So find a server with an early war map that has all the same year or earlier planes for both sides, Greatergreen is good in the west, and in Europe there is CZ_AH_Dedicated which runs a wonderful server with fair maps. Most of the really good ones run settings that are some kind of fully realistic, or Hard, but if you are looking for a simulation of WWII, and not a "game" it is time to get into a cockpit and learn how to deal with it, you will see the light in a short time.

Jumoschwanz

Jetbuff's Avatar Senior Member
    Balance is not the responsibility of Oleg and Co. It is the domain of mission and campaign designers.

The intention of the latest patch was to provide even more accurate FM's and add some welcome free planes. Although, judging by the response, perhaps Oleg shouldn't have bothered?

danjama's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally posted by jugent:
    I think that the allied aircrafts where better than the blue side before this patch, and now they got the Tempest and the highpressure spit.
    Its no fun, its like a comparison from the Olympic games, like russia is playing against Italy.
    Take the Pacific theatre as a varning, the japanese aircrafts are so bad, the theatre has lost its popularity.
    ok then bye

<span class="ev_code_BLACK">loser</span>

joeap's Avatar Senior Member

Well I would think getting the Me-262, under realistic conditions, would help this fellow. Or maybe not. read some history...oh and Allied designs were not greatly superior, Allied resources were.

Originally posted by Jumoschwanz:
    In real life the allied planes were better
    Amen.

VW-IceFire's Avatar Senior Member
    Well I suppose we should say goodbye then.

Rediculous claims based on purely subjective grounds. Most experienced pilots still consider the FW190D-9 to be the best Blue fighter available for a combination of speed, firepower, and agility.

The Tempest isn't even a later war model and even then its not likely to completely edge out the FW190D-9.

I'm not a huge personal fan of the Bf109 series but the G-10 remains one of the best of the series for overall speed, maneverability, stability, and climb.

So how is "blue side" disadvantaged suddenly? They have some awesome planes that, when flown to their potential, are just as good or better than the Allied opposition. The Allies have more plane types because there were more nations involved in fighting back...but that aside performance is remarkably similar overall.

Maybe spend some time flying as Red team for a while and see how its not all milk and cookies. Or do what I do...fly for whichever team is down on pilots and do your thing.

danjama's Avatar Senior Member
    yep

Treetop64's Avatar Senior Member
    ...I will stop playing this game until the sides are more balanced.
    Well, buh-bye, then! Buh-bye! Okay, buh-bye now! ....Buh-bye!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last ►►