Just wondering if anyone knew of a good beginner-friendly DF or COOP server? I've been playing IL2 since and came out but never been online. Can anyone suggest a good place to start?

Thanks in advance

Just wondering if anyone knew of a good beginner-friendly DF or COOP server? I've been playing IL2 since and came out but never been online. Can anyone suggest a good place to start?

Thanks in advance

Tully__'s Avatar Global Moderator
    What settings?

And ANY online server is going to be a shock, humans are vastly more deadly than AI

=================================================

IL2 Forums Moderator
    Forum Terms of Use
    Tully's X-45 profile (SST drivers)

Salut
    Tully

Er, not FR!!! I'm not particularly bothered on settings, although I'd like to start on something a little easier, then work my way up. I'm expecting a creaming, but AI is starting to get stale, hence I need a challenge. I'm probably more of a mudmover than a fighter ace, but I would like to try both.

Warclouds44+ at HL is closed cockpit but has short icons and ground targets, that's probably not a bad start for DF servers. For serious mudmoving though, your best bet is coops. For those you may have to be a bit patient...

Where are you (and what timezone)? Coop hosting has to be done live, so it's hard to recommend a host to watch for unless we know when you'll be on.

IL2 Forums Moderator
    Forum Terms of Use

Salut
    Tully

Am in the UK, in Lancaster, on GMT.

UK_Dedicated DF server will give good results and allows the no cockpit view. I'm afraid I don't get on at this time very often so I can't offer much in the way of advice for good coop hosts at this hour. Anyone from EU have an opinion?

IL2 Forums Moderator
    Forum Terms of Use

Salut
    Tully

Well, I've just got HL setup, so will see what I can do... thanks very much for your help Tully!