Yesterday I did reinstall, IL-2 FB -> AEP -> 2.01 patch without starting the game between installations.

Then I take backup of conf.ini and started the game, started QMB and selected Spit IXe for a spin.

To my surpise the cockpit was different than before. It was much more "3D" and seat position was more back and a bit more higher. It was much better now than before.

After that I change to FW 190 A-6 and I did't notice difference in that cockpit.

But when I taked the Spit to another spin the cockpit was back as it was before reinstall. More "2D" like and seat position much more forward.

I quit the game, copied the backup conf.ini back and started the game and voila, I had the beatiful Spit "3D" cockpit back.

I changed the conf.ini to read only mode, so when I fly LW planes I don't have to mess with the conf.ini everytime when I want to have "3D" cocpits back. Restarting the game is enough.

The FOV settings has nothing to do with this.

regards,
    Japo

Yesterday I did reinstall, IL-2 FB -> AEP -> 2.01 patch without starting the game between installations.

Then I take backup of conf.ini and started the game, started QMB and selected Spit IXe for a spin.

To my surpise the cockpit was different than before. It was much more "3D" and seat position was more back and a bit more higher. It was much better now than before.

After that I change to FW 190 A-6 and I did't notice difference in that cockpit.

But when I taked the Spit to another spin the cockpit was back as it was before reinstall. More "2D" like and seat position much more forward.

I quit the game, copied the backup conf.ini back and started the game and voila, I had the beatiful Spit "3D" cockpit back.

I changed the conf.ini to read only mode, so when I fly LW planes I don't have to mess with the conf.ini everytime when I want to have "3D" cocpits back. Restarting the game is enough.

The FOV settings has nothing to do with this.

regards,
    Japo

Its called Gunsight View toggle. To switch from 2D looking cockpit, use 'Shift F1' then voila, its 3D.

Cajun76's Avatar Senior Member
    Perhaps it's the Shift-F1 shift.... Also, Realistic head movement might could possibly have an effect as well. Some of the people around here can read config.ini files and the like just like reading a menu at a restuarant. Post both settings/versions of your config.ini and someone might be able to discover why. The Community Help Forum would probably get a faster response, though. Good luck and

Good hunting,
    Cajun76

What if there were no hypothetical questions?

Thanks for your help I always thought that shift F1 was only for LW planes with off center sight, newer tried shift F1 in other planes

PS. how do you enable the FPS counter in tracks, so that it shows the avarage and maximum scores ?

regards,

Japo

Ok hit

SHIFT TAB

type this:

fps START SHOW LOG0

press return and close using:

SHIFT TAB

Prangster
    No.601 Squadron
    Tangmere Pilots
    http://www.tangmerepilots-raf.co.uk/

Cajun76's Avatar Senior Member
    put a space after that LOG....

fps START SHOW LOG_0

To turn it off, Shift Tab and type

fps STOP

Good hunting,
    Cajun76

What if there were no hypothetical questions?