Installed the correct patch over the correct version of PF. Now found if I change the pilot from the default one in the QMB it constantly locks up!
    If I keep the default pilot the game plays ok. Anyone else have this problem??

Thought that was pretty funny - how could a pilot photo affect stability? My game has been locking up after about 10 seconds using open gl.
    Switched to direct x & I could get through about half a mission. As I was snickering about your post I remembered that I swapped pilot photos after I installed 3.01m & thats when my problems started so I put the default photo back in the dgen folder & would you believe it. No more lockups with open gl or directx.
    So it looks like I owe you a big thankyou.

Athosd's Avatar Senior Member
    Trooper117 actually seems to be refering to the skin for the pilot model, which can be selected in the aircraft customisation screen (not the campaign roster player 'photo.bmp', that's just freaky ParachuteProne ).

Trooper it sounds like you may have some corrupted/bad skins (though I've not heard of this before). Does the error occurr with any non-default skin? Or is it only with ones you have downloaded?
    If it happens with the standard non-default skins then you may have to re-install the game. Though I suggest posting your problem in the Community Support forum before going that far.

Cheers

Athos

Thanks for the reply Athos!
    Before installation of the new patch, all pilot skins worked fine! Anytime I enter the menu to change the pilot skin for any country, whilst in QMB the game locks up as I attempt to load the new skin! Very weird, but it worked fine before!!