FatBoyHK's Avatar Senior Member
    On warcloud tonight, just got a kill, but his teammate immediately hooked on my tail. He has the upper hand in both energy and angle, so I didn't hestisate to disengage and go home.

I was heading away of my base, so I need to fly a big circle, otherwise the 109 behind will surely got me... It was a long flight, and my fuel was barely enough. When I arrived at my base, I checked that he was no longer at my six ...good, he finally given up.

But just 2 seconds before touch down, all AAA on my base started firing toward me...OMG that 109 was still there!!!

I couldn't do anything other than just pray... but my faith apparently can't stop the bullet At the moment I touched down, I left wing got hit, I looked left, I found that my left flap wasn't there anymore, and then I saw that 109 soared by.

All in a sudden, that 109 spinned and crashed in front of me!!! And I see the "Enemy Aircraft destroyed" message popped up!!! As I rememebered I have only attacked one plane in this sorties, so I shouldn't have hitted this 109 before. The only reason I can think of, was that he collided with my flap, that was knocked off by his fire....how unfotunate his guy was !!

But I didn't feel sorry of this guy, vulucter deserve a sad ending just like this

georgeo76's Avatar Senior Member
    Nope, the funniest kill online ever happened to me a couple of weeks ago on VFC*Coops. I was in a Tony engaged w/ Hellcats. I downed 1 and badly damaged another 2. While I was chasing one hellcat, my ammo ran out so I broke off. All of a sudden I notice 2 other hellcats coming after me. I send in my wingman (AI) and both follow him. Always honorable, I tried to sneak away while they were chewing up my wingman.

Didn't work however, and I ended up w/ 3 Hellcats chasing me down. I tried yanking and banking for a while, but knew it was hopeless, so I struggled to climb high enough to bail. I was able to bail out successfully, but was sure my pilot would be shot as a hellcat was screaming in right @ that moment. Well, the Hellcat hit my pilot alright... w/ his wing! His wing snapped clean off and he rolled into the surf. Best part was that afterwards, my pilot pulled the chord and deployed his chute apparently unharmed! Don't know for sure how he survived, but I suspect he didn't hit the bandit w/ his body but w/ his Samurai Sword!

Banzai!!!

FatBoyHK's Avatar Senior Member
    I bet you didn't get credit of that kill, right? but I did!! and it is a full credit (100 points)

HayateAce's Avatar Banned
    My funniest was after I had shot up an enemy. I powered back to admire my handiwork and watch him bail and maybe even snap his photo.

Then it unfolded in slowmo from there on. The canopy falls away, and I see this body come out and before I know it he is coming closer and closer and I am stunned to the point I don't even evade.

The last thing I saw was his face. I kid you not it was a custom Elvis Presely pilot skin and the bugger came right through my armored glass!

Killed us both.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Well, the Hellcat hit my pilot alright... w/ his wing! His wing snapped clean off and he rolled into the surf. Best part was that afterwards, my pilot pulled the chord and deployed his chute apparently unharmed! Don't know for sure how he survived, but I suspect he didn't hit the bandit w/ his body but w/ his Samurai Sword!

Banzai!!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

See, that is way too funny/awesome, because here's the scene as played out in my head:

We see a Japanese man in WWII-era pilot's gear in freefall, a white bandana emblazoned with a crimson sunburst tied around his head. He looks up, noticing that an American Hellcat fighter is about to intersect with his trajectory, and he will surely die if they collide.

Closing his eyes and taking deep breaths, we hear the pounding of taiko drums and the mournful wail of several eastern wind instruments. His hand strays to the hilt of the sword strapped over his back, and with barely a conscious effort we see a silver-white flash as he draws the weapon forth and makes several cuts midair, almost in the same motion.

Calmly he slides the katana back in its saya, and pulls the ripcord on his parachute. Behind him, the Hellcat flies on for several seconds, apparently unharmed. Then, as the pilot turns the plane to head home, the starboard wing falls off and the American is forced to bail out, as well.

Yeah... sorry... I just got done watching a Zatoichi movie on IFC

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HayateAce:
    My funniest was after I had shot up an enemy. I powered back to admire my handiwork and watch him bail and maybe even snap his photo.

Then it unfolded in slowmo from there on. The canopy falls away, and I see this body come out and before I know it he is coming closer and closer and I am stunned to the point I don't even evade.

The last thing I saw was his face. I kid you not it was a custom Elvis Presely pilot skin and the bugger came right through my armored glass!

Killed us both.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now that is funny! I can just picture that. It must have been the big fat Las Vegas Elvis in order to have penetrated the armored glass! Ladies and gentleman Elvis has left the building!

My first maneuvering kill. Happened in Warclouds few weeks ago.
    I was flying merrily along in my trusty FW-190 D9 when I saw a P-38 coming in with unfriendly intentions off my starboard wing. I quickly executed a split-S so I could see what the other guy would do and get some speed to make a quick getaway incase he had his friends with him. As I leveled off the last thing I see is the P-38 heading straight to the ground. I guess compressibility and gravity combined sucks.

HayateKid--

ROTFLMAO...That was FUNNY. Thanks for sharing.

For me, on a no-icon game, I snuck up on what I thought was a bad guy...got really close, approaching from the rear quadrant, approximately the bandit's 5:00. I opened up with cannons and mgs at point blank range (chunks starting to fly), he started firing (?) and BOOM...black screen. Enemy aircraft destroyed (??). I thought, WTF?

Upon saving the track and playing it back, turned out I had snuck up on a *friendly*, I started laying into him, but it turned out he was exchanging head to head fire with a 109 (more cannon and mgs) and we basically had a 3-way killing/collision/explosion. Once I understood what happened, I was laughing for a good 5 minutes!

* _54th_Speeder *

willyvic's Avatar Moderator
    I was busting up a zero in a p-40. Another was on my tail. I lit up the zero and it exploded. I actually saw the still spinning prop come by my cockpit. Anyway, I flew through the orange fire ball and circled back to the other zero. Nowhere to be seen. I flew on for a few and kept hearing what I thought was my motor revving up and down. after a bit I decided to climb and to my surprise the zero "appeared" in my windscreen bigger than I have ever seen while playing. He had been flying the same track above me without knowing it and I never took the time to look up. I squeezed the trigger, he fire-balled, my engine quit, and we both bailed at the same time. We laughed all the way down. He got the kill. Ya see some cool things in this game for sure.

WV

Old_Canuck's Avatar Senior Member

Great thread. Wish we could see more of them.