1. #11
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by NadiaR:
    if you have saved your progress until the fatal incident which caused you to start a new game then you should be able to retrieve your saved games by hitting the " Load game" link appearing on the red start-up book ( Before nay game starts). Did you try that ? if you have and you still are not getting them back then, I'm afraid your problem is more technical . You should probably try posting on the "technical support" side you maybe finding what you need there! Good luck!
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    I did all the above, and there was nothing there! I guess I will post on the tech support side of things...sigh. It may be that I have XP, and I have issues with XP. It is not an easy system at all, dealing with XP. I started the game over. No choice, it seems. I will make sure I don't do this again! Oh, well! Thanks for the help from all of you! (I spend more time than I should on dealing with XP, and I do not recommend it, period)! Have a great day, all of you! Thanks again, dianag820
    Share this post

  2. #12
    NadiaR's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    574
    Before quitting the game you are prompted to save your game for the last time. If you have done that then there should be no problem retrieving your game if not then.....I'm not sure.
    Ok so Bob corrected me no more technical place for you to go to this is the place....I am sure someone will b able to help.
    Share this post

  3. #13
    BobF's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1,286
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by NadiaR:
    clip................
    Did you try that ? if you have and you still are not getting them back then, I'm afraid your problem is more technical . You should probably try posting on the "technical support" side you maybe finding what you need there! Good luck!
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    There is no technical side on this forum since the new format has been placed. This is it.
    Share this post

  4. #14
    BobF's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1,286
    I just went into my MystIII game and looked at the save game routine. On the right side of the book, under the picture, is the name of the game to be saved. If you want to 'save as' you must retype over this to give it a new name, otherwise it will just overwrite the old game. I don't know of any limit to the number of games that can be saved.
    Share this post

  5. #15
    Hi

    Saving a Game "Manually", means to hit ESC then Save the Game at that Point...then to Choose that Point in the Game, to Continue the game...same as Resume Game...Except you Saved it

    You can NOT Quit the game without choosing 1 of the Options on the front of the book...AND even then the game wants you to choose & asks you this question...&gt; Would you like to save your "CURRENT" game before starting a New Game.

    The TERM "New Game" can also mean starting a "Saved Game"

    Your choices are: #1 Cancel #2 Don't save # 3 Save...IF you don't "SAVE" your Current game it is lost...BUT only up to the Point of your LAST Saved game...this is not easy to put into words, you need to Experement till you Fully understand the Proccess

    dianag820 &lt;... IF you "Never" Saved more than 1 Game as you went thru Each Age in the Game...&gt;ALL Is Lost, Sorry

    Have a Great Quest,
    King Jim

    He can do more for Others, Who has done most with Himself.
    Share this post

  6. #16
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KingJim:
    Hi

    Saving a Game "Manually", means to hit ESC then Save the Game at that Point...then to Choose that Point in the Game, to Continue the game...same as Resume Game...Except you Saved it

    You can NOT Quit the game without choosing 1 of the Options on the front of the book...AND even then the game wants you to choose & asks you this question...&gt; Would you like to save your "CURRENT" game before starting a New Game.

    The TERM "New Game" can also mean starting a "Saved Game"

    Your choices are: #1 Cancel #2 Don't save # 3 Save...IF you don't "SAVE" your Current game it is lost...BUT only up to the Point of your LAST Saved game...this is not easy to put into words, you need to Experement till you Fully understand the Proccess

    dianag820 &lt;... IF you "Never" Saved more than 1 Game as you went thru Each Age in the Game...&gt;ALL Is Lost, Sorry

    Have a Great Quest,
    King Jim

    He can do more for Others, Who has done most with Himself.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Hi, King Jim! I misunderstood you...I thought you meant saving as in a "save as" file to my documents. I appreciate what you said here, but I did all that, of course...I saved continuously before I quit the game for the session. I hit new game accidentally when I went to load the game, but my saved game was not there, or anywhere else that I can find. The "new game" started me completely over...I know, it is a drag! Fortunately, the ages I completed I did remember, so it was fast to redo. Now I'm stuck on the lava control puzzle. Can't get to the fan switch and can't find the fan switch. I lowered the gate and I guess the switch is above the top edge of the gate? I saw the painting...The catwalk doesn't seem to move at all. I also can't get the knob to do much on the left side; it won't go anywhere but back in the same spot it stopped in. Sigh! This game is tough! Thanks for any help you give! dianag820
    Share this post

  7. #17
    This knob infuriated me to no end! It has been incredibly vindicating to me to post to these help boards and see how many other people want to smash that beastly little knob to bits! (ok, so I need to learn a little anger management, sue me ) The best way I found to manage the knob is to click it and drag it a little way in the direction you want it to go, then drop it and let the program continue the knob's movement. If the knob can move in the direction you're dragging it, it will continue. If not, it will drop back, so try a different direction and see where that gets you.

    Hope that helps!

    _____________________
    In search of something that expresses my mood....
    Share this post

  8. #18
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PrincessXenobia:
    This knob infuriated me to no end! It has been incredibly vindicating to me to post to these help boards and see how many other people want to smash that beastly little knob to bits! (ok, so I need to learn a little anger management, sue me ) The best way I found to manage the knob is to click it and drag it a little way in the direction you want it to go, then drop it and let the program continue the knob's movement. If the knob can move in the direction you're dragging it, it will continue. If not, it will drop back, so try a different direction and see where that gets you.

    Hope that helps!

    _____________________
    In search of something that expresses my mood....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Hi, again! I tried that, but I guess I am not getting it right. When it originally moved from right to left on its own, that worked, but then when I am to move it to into a groove and then left or counterclockwise again, it won't do it. I must be missing something here. I am just going back and forth with the stupid thing! Nothing is happening! I will sign off here and go try again!!! Aaarrrgh! I will check back here later! Thanks mucho!
    Share this post

  9. #19
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BobF:
    I have saved over 50 games. I called them Start Ameteria, Start Carousel Puzzle, End Carousel Puzzle, Start Sound Loops, End Sound Loops, etc, all the way till finished. They all appear in my 'saved games' folder. I can go back to just about anyplace and look at things or replay a sequence. I never resave over one of those segments. Keep saving as you go and you will always have a step back and continue if something happens again.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Hi, For some reason I can't save games other than the one I am playing, Myst III Exile, and I can't save them on my computer. Do you think it's because it is the DVD Anniversary Collection? Who knows! I normally don't have a problem saving things on my computer...oh, well! I started over, and am being very careful this time! Thanks for your help!
    Share this post

  10. #20
    I can't speak for the DVD edition, but for the standard edition, when prompted to save the game you are given a picture of your location and a space to type a description. If you leave the space blank it will just keep resaving over the top of the last save because the save has the same name (that is, no name at all). However, if you type a different name for each save, you will end up with lots of different saves.
    Share this post