Originally posted by Gannet7:
    Thanks Revian, since multiple people have reported those issues I've added them to the first post now. Regarding the video, do you also have GMA graphics?
    How can I find that out? I go to "About this Mac" and don't see anything that says "GMA" under the Graphics/Displays tab. I'm using a MacBook Pro, 10.5.8 (not 10.6 as it would seem, ha), 2.33 GHz Intel Core Duo, 2GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM. What else can I inform you?

In addition, I spoke too soon. There is at least one other crash in Spire: when I went to look through the telescope . It's going to be frustrating to save all the time if that's the only solution.

Thanks for your help.

Okay, I'll assume you don't then since I'm pretty sure the Pros never used GMA.

The 1.0.3 update was supposed to fix some crashes in Spire, so I'm suspecting I may not have applied it properly. Right-click on your Myst IV app and choose "Show Package Contents", then navigate to Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Myst IV Revelation/bin. Replace the file "Myst4.exe" with this one. Let me know if that changes anything.

Unfortunately no . I tried both:

- opening your saved game file to where i had left off by the telescope, tried to examine it, and it crashed
    - opened my saved game file and tried to go down the four flights of steps and it too crashed.

what next?

Darn. Okay, next try:
    In the same folder, try replacing m4_thor_rd.dll with this one.

Nope

I only tried your saved game (which I've progressed within Spire, the only glitches so far being the telescope and 4th flight of stairs) but I didn't try my original saved game. I assumed it wouldn't make a difference.

What the heck's goin on here?

:/
    That's all I got. If the game shows 1.03 in the corner when you open it, then it definitely is at 1.03. I guess the crashes are related to an incompatibility between cider and some aspect of your system. You'll have to use the hint system or a walkthrough to avoid the telescope.

Or...
    Since you're not running 10.6, the Mac native version of Myst IV should work fine. Grab the setup and updater that I linked to on the previous page.

I tried installing your new version of myst 4, it says its installed successfully, but when I go and load the game I see a black screen then it quits and reverts back to the desktop. It does not give an error message so I am confused here.

Hi bberry,

What version of OS X are you running?
    Please also post a complete file listing of the app - open Terminal and enter this command:
    ls -lR /Applications/Myst\ IV\ Revelation.app

Hello,

I'm running Mac OS 10.5.8. I've installed MystIV with the installer you suggested. It briefly worked once. I saw the opening video. But then it crashed and now it won't reopen. When I double click it I get this message:Unable to copy file /Applications/Myst IV Revelation.app/Contents/Resources/Preferences/system.reg to /Users/mjsdesert/Library/Application Support/Myst IV Revelation/system.reg

I'd appreciate any help.

Hi mjsdesert,
    Delete this folder:
    /Users/mjsdesert/Library/Application Support/Myst IV Revelation
    That should let it launch again. If it crashes again though, let me know exactly where it happens.