Yeah, post the full output here and I'll see if it has anything helpful.

It appears to be trying to load msxml.dll (which doesn't exist). I'm really not sure why it would be trying to load this, it shouldn't need it. Are you sure this is a clean install? Try deleting the app support folder: In Finder, hold option while clicking on the Go menu and choose Library. Then open the Application Support folder and delete the Myst IV Revelation folder.

Originally Posted by Gannet7 Go to original post
    It appears to be trying to load msxml.dll (which doesn't exist). I'm really not sure why it would be trying to load this, it shouldn't need it. Are you sure this is a clean install? Try deleting the app support folder: In Finder, hold option while clicking on the Go menu and choose Library. Then open the Application Support folder and delete the Myst IV Revelation folder.

Hey Gannet, that worked great! runs perfectly fine now. I really appreciate the input, thanks again!

Originally Posted by Gannet7 Go to original post
    Ah, I think I know what's going on - both of them appear to be outdated. You're on OS 10.10?

Myst IV: When I first I made this I didn't code it correctly to account for a system version number higher than 9. I later fixed this in the installer but you may need to apply the fix yourself. Enter this in Terminal:
    open -t <drag and drop Myst IV app here>/Contents/MacOS/Myst\ IV\ Revelation
    This should open the script file in TextEdit. Line 4 should read:
    if [[ $(sw_vers -productVersion | cut -d . -f 2) < 6 ]]
    Change the "<" symbol at the end to "-lt". Save, and then try run the game.
    Omg thanks a lot for this. I was really afraid that Yosemite broke everything. A fantastic news, it's wonderfull to see that someone still care

Since I've installed SUIDGuard (https://www.suidguard.com/stories/index.html) I can't launch the game anymore, it seems that something really important is missing.
    From the console:

25/09/15 21:01:09,000 kernel[0]: SUIDGuard: disallowed execution of binary without a __PAGEZERO segment
    25/09/15 21:01:09,576 com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]: (com.ubisoft.myst4.11392[38951]) Service exited with abnormal code: 137

From the internet: some older binaries (10.4?) could also be affected, but I haven't yet encountered a non-malicious binary lacking PAGEZERO.

Would it be difficult to add this PAGEZERO stuff to the installer?

The installer or the game itself? If the executable in question is the "cider" binary, then unfortunately no - I didn't create that and have no ability to modify it.

[edit] (after a little reading)
    Note that SUIDGuard was created to protect against the DYLD_PRINT_TO_FILE vulnerability, which has already been patched in 10.10.5. The PAGEZERO vulnerability is fixed in 10.11, so the usefulness of this kext is pretty minimal. Of interest: SUIDGuard prevents some apps from starting and Is the 'SUIDGuard' patch safe to implement?

First of thanks a lot for your answer. Yes I will probably uninstall it now that I'm switching to 10.11, I'll let you know if the game starts there

It works! all good.

Well I know the the tpwn exploit doesn't work in 10.11. That may be just a subset of the pagezero exploits, I'm not sure. In any case, I haven't heard of it being actively exploited (but I could be wrong).

Good to hear it's working now though. When I first tried running it on the 10.11 betas it didn't work, but it seems they've fixed something before the final release.

Myst IV Runs Incredibly slow

Yosemite Mac problems! Cinematics and puzzles work great, but my god it takes minutes to move from click to click. I tried the terminal thing, and mine was already set for higher versions, tried deleting the application support folder too, nothing happened. Any thoughts?

#!/bin/bash
    cd ~/Library/Application\ Support
    mkdir -p 'Myst IV Revelation/Saved Games/journal'
    if [[ $(sw_vers -productVersion | cut -d . -f 2) -lt 6 ]]
    then
    ln -hs "$(pwd)" /tmp/CurrentUserAppSupport
    "$(dirname "$0")/myst4"
    rm /tmp/CurrentUserAppSupport
    else
    mkdir -p 'Myst IV Revelation/p_drive/User/My Documents' && cd "$_"
    ln -hs '../../../Saved Games' 'myst4-revelation savegames'
    "$(dirname "$0")/cider"