reading this forum, i realise that my PC options r a bit lower in comparison to the majoraty of the members, but iilldo my best to update myself.

my q. is: i have a ATI Radeon 9600 PRO 256, 1 gB Ram, XP, wich Video Mode would you recommend to choose, Open GL or Direct X ??

-HH-Quazi's Avatar Senior Member
    OpenGL m8. And in these days & times m8s like yourself can get a decent upgrade by getting yourself a graphics card upgrade from a 4-pixel pipelined card to a 16-pixel pipelined card such as an X8** series in AGP for less than $100.

m8s??? HUMMM.... i guess thats not a good thing... But, tanks anyways i'll check it out the stores for the grhafic

asas

Originally posted by Asas_Portuga1:
    m8s??? HUMMM.... i guess thats not a good thing... But, tanks anyways i'll check it out the stores for the grhafic

asas
    "m8s" (or mate) is only another term for "friend". It's a good thing.

As far as the graphic card is concerned, look for an X800XL. They are cheap and mucho mas racio than your 9600.

DuxCorvan's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally posted by TgD Thunderbolt56:
    They are cheap and mucho mas racio than your 9600.
    Oh please, can you guys stop inventing words in Spanish or Portuguese? I almost ruined my keyboard with a mix of beer and snot with this one.

fast = rápido (m), rápida (f)

Racio = Similar to "rancio" (staled, rancid)

In Portuguese, "much faster"= muito mais rápida

So that's a "much more rancid" card than his 9600... Well, good luck.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by DuxCorvan:
    Oh please, can you guys stop inventing words in Spanish or Portuguese? I almost ruined my keyboard with a mix of beer and snot with this one.QUOTE]

So you were drinking GROLSH AlE?

Originally posted by DuxCorvan:
    I almost ruined my keyboard with a mix of beer and snot with this one.
    Dude, glad I could accommodate. With all the laughs you've provided me over the years, it seems only appropriate that I reciprocate...even if unintentional.

Originally posted by DuxCorvan:
    fast = rápido (m), rápida (f)

Racio = Similar to "rancio" (staled, rancid)

In Portuguese, "much faster"= muito mais rápida

So that's a "much more rancid" card than his 9600... Well, good luck.
    Thanks Dux for this brief but very enjoyable small tutorial Portugese, of shall I say <span class="ev_code_YELLOW">muchas grazias</span>

Thanks Dux for this brief but very enjoyable small tutorial Portugese, of shall I say <span class="ev_code_YELLOW">muchas grazias</span>[/QUOTE]

obr, Dux, Eu estou contigo. tanks all the guys for information.

But, just for ending this chapter in language and geography, Billy_BigBoy, Portugal and Spain r 2 diffent countrys, with 2 diferent languages, we r naibers, but I say "Obrigado" the spanich say "Gracias".

i'll check that garafic u guys mention.

Ahh, just like dutch and frisian.
    Later on I realised it must have been spanish I wrote. Never been to Portugal afterall.

And you are right, back On Topic now:
    Your specs are about the same as mine, X1650 Pro, 1 Gig RAM on XP Pro, and ofcourse Open GL. Not the fastest according to present standards, but IL2 still runs fine for me. Meanwhile I a saving for a new rig incase BOB pops up But that will take a while I guess.