Since we have lost the Spoilers and Hints forum,
    what are visitors supposed to do if they need help ? (same question for the other Myst games)

Would it not be a good idea to provide us with a spoiler tag ?

Btw, sigs are not showing up. Is this a bug or a new feature/decision ?

Thietris's Avatar Professor Thietris Squirrel, CEO, President and Managing Director, Institution of Advanced Exploration of Myst Worlds
    Testing, testing. One, two. One, two.

Hmm, avatar and title still intact.

Updated with a new avatar and new sig.

The sigs seems to be off.

Speedyserd's Avatar Senior Member
    between the city and the farm, Mid-Atlantic, USA
    The loss of signatures have been an issue across the server. This is a result of the updates done over the past weekend. The forum techs know about the issue and are working on it.

From my understanding of the new setup, spoilers and hints are to be reported in here. If a system for identifying spoilers for the entire forum server is not created/decided, one will be decided by the Uru/Myst mods so they are consistent among these similar games.

Speedyserd's Avatar Senior Member
    between the city and the farm, Mid-Atlantic, USA
    For the time being, new threads should have the word "SPOILER" added to the title.

MystNovice's Avatar Senior Member
    What about old threads that were started in the Spoilers forum and smooshed in here? Achenar and I have, slowly but surely, been writing a story in A Journey to Exile that's bound to be filled with spoilers, so I'm hesitant to post in the current situation, and it's too late to alter the title now. The same goes for the Experimental Progamme threads. Is there a way that we or a moderator can change the title of an old thread to report spoilers?

marae's Avatar Dr. Marae, Professor of D'ni Ethnomusicology and Terpsichore, and Duke, OutStanding in His Field
    Something tells me there's not much we can do, MN. We are stuck with what they did to us. I'd say just go on as we have been in the old threads, just label the new ones, and meanwhile, caveat emptor for all the new folks. It irks me no end that they've done this; I know how much I hate being spoiled unintentionally, but what's done is done. I think it's safe to say it's on their heads.

But thanks for reminding me about that thread. I need to go find it and archive what's been done recently.

kleaneasy's Avatar UK Forum Manager Emeritus
    Originally posted by MystNovice:
    Is there a way that we or a moderator can change the title of an old thread to report spoilers?
    The original poster of any thread can still amend the title, and moderators or myself can amend others where the original poster is no longer around.

If you'd like to draw my attention to any particular ones by sending me the thread links in PT I'm more than happy to make the appropriate edits

The title of "A Journey to Exile" is now "[SPOILER] A Journey to Exile".

Speedy and I will work on getting a [SPOILER] or [TIPS] tag into the titles of topics that contain spoilers or tips. Note that this isn't a small task and is very time-consuming, so please be patient!

MystNovice's Avatar Senior Member
    Thank you, Heimdall. You're always so helpful to complete strangers that I'd like to congratulate you on being a class A individual.