Does anyone know of a decent ( comparable to IL-2 )Combat helicopter simulation?

Enemy Engaged Commanche VS Hokumn

There is a new one coming out called Blackshark, and if memory serves me correctly it is by the same people who brought us Lock On/Lock On Flaming Cliffs. It is anticipated as being a pretty good one, and I am looking forward to it as I have a weakness for chopper sims (too )There is also one coming out for PS2 that looks promising. I dont usually do console games so I might have to provide my son with a copy of this one...HEH HEH

Longbow/Longbow2 are my Helicopter sims.
    They're quite old, back to 1998 i think so graphics might seem lacking now a days.

I don't really care. Well I lika fancy graphics and reflections on the water like everybody else. But for sims the only thing I ask for is good FM.

Longbow/Longbow2 have it.
    You can even play coop in a single helicopter in pilot/gonner roles where one takes care of avionics and flying while the other takes care of target searching, radars, arming systems...

There's still a comunity of ppl playing that game online. It really surprised me. There are even projects going on to model new ground/air units, add buildings to the 3d environment, add new maps... Amazing.

I wish Jane's Simulations was still with us. They were the best man!!!

There is also Gunship! by Microprose.It came out in 2000 i thing. At that time it had fatastik grafiks.You can shout on singel men whit your gunships cannon.Apache,Tiger and Havoc is flyble

RxMan's Avatar Senior Member
    Longbow, Longbow 2, and Flashpoint Korea... most amazing...
    Interesting to know it's still flying. How does it do on Win XP ?? Speed problems ??

BlackShark is a complete study sim and will far surpass any helicopter sim to date.

Originally posted by VMF-214_HaVoK:
    BlackShark is a complete study sim and will far surpass any helicopter sim to date.

But WHEN?!?!

I've been waiting on this forever.