All planes from SWOTL (including the add-ons) are in except for the Do-335 Pfeil... my favorite simulator (before the introduction of IL2) is counting its last days... or is it not?

Will we ever see the Do-335 in Sturmovik? That would be a hell of dog to fight in the air!
    Anyone working on this model?

(I know it has been discussed in the past, consider it an alternative bump)

-----------------------------

Me-163's HWK 109-509 Rocket Engine

All planes from SWOTL (including the add-ons) are in except for the Do-335 Pfeil... my favorite simulator (before the introduction of IL2) is counting its last days... or is it not?

Will we ever see the Do-335 in Sturmovik? That would be a hell of dog to fight in the air!
    Anyone working on this model?

(I know it has been discussed in the past, consider it an alternative bump)

I've been hoping for the Pfeil for ages now. It was being worked on, then dropped, and apparently picked up by someone new, but I have no idea where it's at now.

It would be so feckin cool to have that plane included, that it would be worth listening to all the belly-aching over the fact that it is actually able to get out of it's own way.

==================================
    The Blitz Pigs - Not a squad, a Movement!

Come and spam on our front porch.

http://www.blitzpigs.com

Well, a piston-engined aircraft with jet performance isn't for everyone. I guess if it ever comes the rooms in multiplayer games should read: "No jets and Do335"

The Pfeil is a killer plane.

A stupid question...but what is SWOTL ()????

Steaky

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Steaky_361st:
    A stupid question...but what is SWOTL ()????
    Steaky<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Secret Weapons Of The Luftwaffe. SWOTL.

Steaky... I bet you are young.

SWOTL... what days! I still remember myself planning for the interception courses because that 8th Air Force was trying to bomb my Ball Bearings factory in Schweinfurt and my Vengeance Weapons R&D facilities.

Man even the strategic part of that game is unrepeatable. SWON sucked big time.

[This message was edited by Prof.Wizard on Sun April 25 2004 at 05:02 PM.]

The campaign system in BOB & SWOTL was incredibly good as far as immersion factor goes - unfortunately, it was very easy to exploit. Attacking targets with B17's was pure suicide. You'd get much better results by taking a solo P47 and then unloading everything on a single target & finishing off with aiming your plane at a target & bailing out. You'd take a hit in pilot & plane availability, but all of your raids for the day would be successful. Same thing on BOB, except the key to success was either low level dive bombing with a He111 or fighter sweeps with a Bf110. Regardless, at the time we didn't have anything better and it was AWESOME!-D

Oh, SWOTL was a dream come true at the time Anyone remember the first game in the series, "BattleHawks 1942" or something like that? It was the first lucasarts ww2 flight sim and the first ever to have "realistic" view around the pilot, not wonderwomanview. Used to fly with the mouse and there wasn't any campaign, total of 32 missions I believe and sprite-based graphics )

What excellent divebombing and torpedo attack fun BTW in BH1942 it did matter at what speed and altitude you dropped the torp.. in fb it doesn't Not to worry though, FB is better in some other areas.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MatuDa:
    BTW in BH1942 it did matter at what speed and altitude you dropped the torp.. in fb it doesn't Not to worry though, FB is better in some other areas.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    What is that supposed to mean?
    I don't know about the speed in IL2, but altitude plays a role.

Unless you mean in BH1942 was simulated to the detail of depth and distance that the torpedo effectively went.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►