Jack-Reacher's Avatar Banned
    What bs man, i didnt notice the other option so now i gotta buy both. Ridiculous, you should be able to get 100% without this DL bs

okay come on. if you were really following it, you would have known. there were articles all over the internet saying there would be two versions, so its not their fault really...

Jack-Reacher's Avatar Banned
    i think its their fault, they shouldnt expect everyone with AC2 to follow up on it on the internet, gamers like me who just see it in the store will just buy it, how are we to know there is another version

What they should do is release a version just for the extra maps

Why do some people consonantly make excuses for Ubisoft's folly on this whole mess? Why not just fess up and freely admit that Ubisoft dropped the ball on this BIG time! We assumed that we were purchasing a completed game...and...we...did...not...get...it!

kew414's Avatar Senior Member
    I've been wanting to ask this to the DLC-should've-been-in-game people around here...
    Just who the heck do you think you are to tell the people making the game whether their game is complete or not?
    You got exactly what you were supposed to get with your game CD, and if you think it wasn't enough, that's your problem.

Originally posted by kew414:
    I've been wanting to ask this to the DLC-should've-been-in-game people around here...
    Just who the heck do you think you are to tell the people making the game whether their game is complete or not?
    You got exactly what you were supposed to get with your game CD, and if you think it wasn't enough, that's your problem.
    Well first of all, without the people buying their games/products, these companies wouldn't even exist. So these companies rely on keeping players happy and entertained so they will buy their products more often. So a cycle starts up where the companies make, produce and advertise their products so their audience (and perhaps a few others) will then purchase their products when they are released.

After a while, the company either makes it big, or falls to a crumbling heap depending on their products' success rate. For those companies that make it big, there's a little something called Greed that develops. But the company has dug its claws so far into their loyal fanbase's skulls, those fanboys and fangirls will avidly defend said company until its opposition either gets bored or is beaten down.

However, the company is too busy running its business and making millions of dollars (or what ever kind of currency it bases its foundation in) to really care about the bickering critics in the forums or on television.

So essentially, they did create a full game, but they decided to rip out a few chapters and explorable places in favor of saving it for the Downloadable Content category on Xbox live, the Playstation Network etc. in order to rake in more money no matter how miniscule it may seem. So in short, the consumer is paying full price for a book with a few chapters missing, and in place of those chapters the consumer is offered a one paragraph explanation of what happened in both.

So at the end of the day it really comes down to opinions, some people think it's incomplete and that they shouldn't have to pay extra for stuff that should have already been in the game, while others are content with buying this content no questions asked.

In the war of Critics vs. Fanboys who do you think the developers will give two piles of cow pies about in the end? If you guessed NONE then you are probably right.

I agree with the first post. I wanted the secret locations and I thought it was part of the package.. while I'm downloading it oh lookie another version which I still could of afforded.

Come on Ubi! Atleast sell the secret locations seperatly

well i bought the edition with the extra content as i first read the info of both versions.
    It was hard to understand their nfo because it was in Italian (i can't buy dlc from malta, so made an italian account).

I think you should (litrelly) pay more for your mistakes and nott blame Ubi.

itsamea-mario's Avatar Senior Member
    narwhals narwhals, swimmin in the ocean, causin a commotion, cos they are so awesome...

They need to have the "bonus levels" avaialable seperate. I bought the Master Assassin Edition and due to being in North America(Canada) the Black Edition was not even available for me. so now if I want to play the Arsenal Shipyard level I have to buy all three levels just for the one? I don't think so. As much as I love the game I am not going to re-buy two levels I already purchaced by getting the MA edition. They need to release the 3 levels individually for 80 points each so that we can pick and choose. either that or just give us NA people the Arsenal Level for free. That would be real nice of Ubisoft and very un-EA of them if they did something like that.