Hi,
    Thanks I understand that but I have tried both options. Detect best sound input and use windows input. Neither works for me even after adjusting the volumes in the control panel.

OK, Did actually take the wire out of the back of my speaker and put it in the line in!
    And guess what? I know have audio, exept I cant hear it when I 'm recording it as the out is in the in.
    hmmm.
    Also the frame rate seems to have dropped now to below 20 when I was asking for 25 which could be a problem, I did have other programs running though.
    Anyhow I'll try a new audio driver but I suspect the problem is the with the card/m'board.
    I have a Dell XPS 710 with Sigmatel audio built in.

Downloaded Virtual Dub. Downloaded HuffyUV 2.1.1

Readme for the Huffy .inf and .dll says to right click the .inf and choose 'Install'.

Must be a Vista thing? With XP I get no 'Install' option when right clicking the Huffy .inf.

Any help?

Thanks.

Woodrow

EDIT: Restarted pc and tried right-click and found 'Install' as an option and the thing seems to have installed ok.

Now to see if it works.

Thanks

Woodrow

Blue_5's Avatar Junior Member
    Hi all,

am I correct in thinking FRAPS can only capture c. 30 seconds of footage? I'm trying to show methods of bomber interception but will I need to record several short 'cuts' of the firing passes then montage them?

Originally posted by Blue_5:
    Hi all,

am I correct in thinking FRAPS can only capture c. 30 seconds of footage? I'm trying to show methods of bomber interception but will I need to record several short 'cuts' of the firing passes then montage them?
    I think the free version only captures 30 seconds of video.
    If you register it there is no restriction on video capture length.
    Source - http://www.fraps.com/buy.php

Registration enhances the program and allows you to record as long as you like. Perform full-size recording with no watermarks on your movie. Capture screenshots directly to JPG, PNG and TGA formats!

Wheels

Best solution

In order to capture the game, there are various apps & sites such as a mixer . There you can capture the screen of the game apart from games if you are into online tv series & movies you can capture the screen during movies, tv shows for better watching online experience & then compress the entire movie or game into required format.