View Poll Results: Do you want MTO to be a complete paid addon?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

44 95.65%
  • No

2 4.35%
    Up to now, in FB, with the exception of Pacific, mainly planes were added with one or two maps to fly them.
    I hope this tradition is not kept in BoB and we get more complete maps, not just 2 or 3 small ones.
    MTO is really huge and perhaps a paid addon with complete as possible maps and planeset would be better. The tradition of free addons may be nice, but i hope it is over, at least when whole theaters of war are concerned.
    MTO has never been done before with the exception of a few desert maps here and there. This theater ranges from snow covered mountains with subzero temperatures that killed more soldiers than bullets did, to scorched desert.
    A paid addon would give us the chance to see at last this theater of war for the first time in a combat sim as it was. This is trully a "Forgotten Battles" case.

Up to now, in FB, with the exception of Pacific, mainly planes were added with one or two maps to fly them.
    I hope this tradition is not kept in BoB and we get more complete maps, not just 2 or 3 small ones.
    MTO is really huge and perhaps a paid addon with complete as possible maps and planeset would be better. The tradition of free addons may be nice, but i hope it is over, at least when whole theaters of war are concerned.
    MTO has never been done before with the exception of a few desert maps here and there. This theater ranges from snow covered mountains with subzero temperatures that killed more soldiers than bullets did, to scorched desert.
    A paid addon would give us the chance to see at last this theater of war for the first time in a combat sim as it was. This is trully a "Forgotten Battles" case.

my answer would be yes, absolutely!... but it's too late for anything releated to FB/PF series, excepted the three last add-on's.

This game/sim could have been much better than it is actually with a bit more logic, not just random selection of planes and maps, in many cases useless, that came with patches. Obviously my opinion...

Now i'm waiting, and hoping, for the future...

WWMaxGunz's Avatar Senior Member
    I vote Yes. Med will be great for SOW addon.

sudoku1941's Avatar Banned
    Provided it's done right, sure. The more the merrier.

I would definitly say yes. Granted, I want it done right too. If the Med is done the ENTIRE med theater should be done. In my opinion, maps should include Italy and Greece on top of several Africa maps. The planeset would be a must as well. I would only buy it if I had an Italian trimotor bomber in addition to my fighters. Some RN planesets would definitly be a must as well. Toronto in a swordfish anyone?

Yes, that would be nice but I also can't see it before SOW if at all.

Scharnhorst1943, a slight typo I think - Taranto not Toronto

Sure!

absolutly !
    i would never expect it otherwise as a full to-pay AdOn

for BoB perhaps a "small" download to pay for AdOn (like the comming IL10 one) for channel operations 1941/42 (Dieppe ) with stuff like:
    Hurricane II
    Spitfire Vb
    Spitfire IXc
    Mustang I
    Boston III
    Mosquito IV
    Bf109F-2,4
    Fw190A-1,3
    Do217E

no new map needed i think.
    and after that, than the huge MTO game on DVD.

as alreadey said, the area of operation is very huge. so what areas should be maped, well, thats propably a personal taste.
    i would be ok with maps that show Northern Africa from Alexandria till Algier, and than Sicily and Malta- for operations from june 1940 till august 1943.
    for areas like the Balkan, Greece, Aegean, Crete, Italy itself, southern france.... with all the needed additional planes. it would be nice, but i have personal no need.
    and we still have to think about the needed labour to make all this possible !

Maddox game should stop to make huge free downloads with lots of new planes, maps and stuff. only bugfixes should be free in the SoW series.

yep, Fleet Air Arm operations would be a huge part in a MED add-on: Operations Pedestal, Torch, Dragoon, Salerno landings, etc.
    Also there should be very interesting planes to fly: Swordfish, Fulmar, Barracuda, Sea Hurri, Seafire, Martlet & Avenger(N-G issues?).

What a dream!!!

@ Frankyboy: why not Typhoon Mk.Ib and Mosquito Mk.VI? With all that firepower...

Further add-on for BOB theater of opereations should be a "NightFighters" add-on, a very forgotten battle, with radar-equipped Beaufighters % Mossies, Bf-110G-4, He-219, Ju-88C-6, plus british heavy bombers. I will pay gold for this!!!!!

p.s. will the Beaufighter be flyable in BOB?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►