... I don't know what you do out there once your done with you Stick and you put it away.
    But I've been using a small piece of Foam Insulation{that is used for a water pipe or etc... and is open on one side so you can rap it around a pipe}... to place under the joy stick and hold it in place while I'm not using it.
    It supports Joy Stick and if it gets banged or etc for some reason... the stick doesn't get knocked around.
    I cut the foam to fit in between the base and the grip on the stick with just a little slack.
    Cheap also... left over from covering my hot and cold water pipes in the basement.

-HH-Dubbo's Avatar Senior Member
    Funny Woofiedog, now that you mention it, I never put my stick away. Much to my wife's chagrin, it sits dead centre in front of the monitor, displacing the keyboard. (I've learned to type around it )

What kind of stick do you have that needs support when not in use? (I'm picturing the foam working like a cervical collar, right?)

I have a Trusty Old Microsoft Precision 2!
    I use the collar to keep the wear & tear down.
    My first stick and it still works fine.

I use those no skid woven foam pads Your wife uses to line the kitchen drawers, Or wahtever.

Too hold it still while playing then just shelve it nect to monitor when not.

Not entirely the same subject but in around about way it is.