Alright, has the bug been fixed (doubtfully) or is it still there?

The bug that plays a really loud distorted screeching sound for no apparant reason sometimes when you're close to a subnet that's been identified as the subnet collision noise only it appears to be being played several times in succession simultaneously so it overlaps into a freaky sound like a laser crossed with a screeching roar that scares the **** out of you without fail when it comes out of nowhere.

Celeon999's Avatar Senior Member
    Good question

It was not mentioned in the 1.4b readme.
    I think its still there but i will not be the one who tries. My ears are still ringin from the last time.

My heart is still pounding from that one! WTF!?

slush

No it has not been fixed. Happened to me for the first time yesterday and it scared the **** outta me.

I think its still there but i will not be the one who tries.
    Me either <_< *curls up into ball in corner, shivering*

No ****in' way man... no way am I going back out there... >_>

Posted Fri June 24 2005 14:52
    No it has not been fixed. Happened to me for the first time yesterday and it scared the **** outta me.
    GAAAAHHH! They screwed us 'round again >_<

Why is it that to get anything fixed, even if it's REALLY important like this, you have to PESTER THEM and PESTER THEM and make it REAL obvious that there's a problem before they'll do anything?

****it, for 1.5 we need a fix. ****, I'd be happy if 1.5 just WAS a fix for this.

I finally went into the sounds directory and just deleted those subnet files. That loud screech at random intervals is just too much.

I finally went into the sounds directory and just deleted those subnet files. That loud screech at random intervals is just too much.
    Yeah, I'm doing the same thing.

*sigh* At least this bug has an easy work around... it might never be fixed.

It's just 2 sound files isn't it? the exterior and interior subnet collision noises?

I think so, those are the 2 I deleted. Haven't heard it since.

Wha? There are two?
    I only renamed one.
    What are their names, please?

I have found that the screech sound occurs in FarCry when EAX is enabled. I have not encountered any such noise with SH3.