rcole_sooner's Avatar Moderator
    Yes.

Originally Posted by R0NZ023 Go to original post
    Love the game, not sure if anyone has suggested this but I’d love a hybrid arrangement of songs that allow you to play rhythm and the solo/riffs in the same arrangement. A “campfire” alternate arrangement.

Basically I’d like to learn a song and be able to play unplugged and have it sound like the whole song and not just rhythm strumming the whole time.
    I believe many of the current Lead arrangements are actually hybrids already and not "true" lead arrangements. I've noticed they've injected rhythm parts where the lead is normally silent.

Or are you maybe asking for totally new campfire arrangements made specifically for a single acoustic guitar like this? I don't want to be a killjoy but that's so outside the scope of the game unfortunately... They just transcribe the actual playings to the game and that's it. (well, sometimes they compose entirely new guitar layers if there's none in the actual song, see Lady Gaga pack. )

I love the game. I have several things that I'd like to be different, but still I've been playing it for 4 years and I'm very happy at how I can play so many songs I love. <3
    Here's the list of things I'd prefer to have differently:
    - Master mode: I'd like it to show for a shorter and shorter time in the track. For example, start from the middle, then from close to the guitar arm, then finally doesn't show it (some 6 different distances, the closest being very close). Similar to what DDR does in "sudden" mode, when the steps don't show all the way on the screen, like for example here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40GcoTW3ocA
    - on "nonstop play", group songs of the same tuning. For example, if I say I'll play for 20 minutes, the game can already calculate 20 minutes worth of songs, group those with the same tuning, and give me them in that order, so that I don't need to retune several times. If I skip songs and the game needs to give me more songs then use the old behaviour of giving them to me randomly, that's fine.
    - more songlists than 6. Actually allow me to create as many as I want.... and allow me to name them.
    - also sorting the list, as I asked in the FAQ thread: https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.ph...1#post13875194

kidmeatball's Avatar Senior Member
    I had an interesting feature request that I think would be fairly simple and pretty useful: saved calibration modes for your different guitars. Many guitars have a fairly wide range of outputs. It might be useful to some people who change guitars on the fly to skip calibration and just choose a saved calibration profile.

Anyway, my 2c.

just a couple thoughts on the outlook of the game, others may have said the same things which is good, means its just not me.

first off, I kinda hope that there isn't a rocksmith 2019 or 2020 per se. I would much rather Ubisoft do again with a remastered version of the game. personally I would way rather pay money to get a revamped version of the system that is already in place, keep the songs I have already downloaded, set ups that I have created with tones and such. could even give it a new song list that usually accompanies a game release or the purchaser receive X amount of song downloads of their choosing.

i think the system as a whole works very well, but i think there can be some improvements made to some of the features.

for one when i am in session mode, would love fore the band to keep playing when i stop playing notes, part of the stop/start find the rythm and beat.

a couple more arcade style training games, not sure what type or if there is anything that could be added differently, just variety is always great.

also tone detection seems like it still needs some tweaking. especially on the the real low tones seems to have a hard time picking up those sounds. nothing more frustrating that knowing you hit it and it not tracking it.

anyway love the system and how it teaches, has made learning guitar and songs much simpler and fun. cant wait to see what you come out with.

Not sure if it’s been asked but it would be great to have a list of what action(s) I missed in the final scoresheet. For example going from Dm to G might be a challenge and if I know this was a miss it’ll give me an area to focus on.

Ok, so i've searched for my suggestions so as not to repeat anything that's been said many times before (& dropped a couple) so if any of these are "not new" sorry for repeating!

My steam profile says i've got almost 2,000 hrs gameplay although over the years my saved profile has either been corrupted or 'lost' a couple of times so may be more than that - but either way i've got plenty of experience with RS and that wouldn't be the case if it wasn't such a fantastic and enjoyable way to learn and practice.

So some thing's that would take this to the next level for me:

Mouse functionality : i play on a mac (via Steam) and for me navigation through the menus and adjusting values is via the keyboard There's a few areas where the mouse is recognised (to highlight a menu option) but i can't click to select - always has to be via the keyboard. The main area where this becomes frustrating is when looking to adjust settings (e.g. level difficulty or pedal settings in tone designer) so for example going from 0% to 100% literally takes 100 clicks on the keyboard arrows whereas being able to drag and slide with the mouse (or type in a number) would make life so much easier - i reckon a good number of those 2000hrs have been spent hammering the keyboard instead of the fretboard!

Noodle mode : so for me, the next level i want to "up my game" is to be able to grab the guitar and just noodle - and not play existing licks / riffs. I know that this should be something that comes with learning the scales but i was thinking it would be good if there was a mode (or even feature added to session mode) where RS provided some rhythm / lead parts that were not from existing tracks (and therefore royalty free!). It's kind of like when you go into a guitar store and you hear the accomplished players just noodling away on something non-descript vs. those attempting existing stuff. An addition to this would be to incorporate a loop pedal, so you could put some rhythm down and then over dub with other parts and build on it, but with something shown as suggestions to follow (could also have various genres and difficulties).

Song re-played after completion: quite often when i complete a track there's a part that i'm immediately re-attempting and i get thrown off when it starts to replay a part from the song. I think it's great it plays a part when first scrolling through the menus (via keyboard again) but would like to be able to switch it off from playing again at the end.

Lead volume : in some tracks there seems to be a real difference between audio volume when the tone switches. I appreciate that this may be replicating the recording, but there a few times when it becomes almost inaudible and therefore difficulty to hear how i'm doing. i know i can adjust levels in settings, but that's a global setting whereas this is within a track - and i don't want to have to adjusting settings for specific tracks (there's that mouse / keyboard thing again!)

Play only mode : sometimes i want to follow RS but play the track through my actual amp - to try and match tones or just generally practice though an amp, but obviously RS just thinks i'm missing every note and eventually starts to lower the difficulty and chords / notes removed on screen. Would be good to be able to indicate that i don't want RS to try and 'score me' and just play it at the existing level.

I just want to finish with recognising what a fantastic job you folks do - from the variety in DLC, note tracking - oh, and when i see i've been singing the wrong lyrics all this time can be quite amusing!

Thanks

Wishlist for a future update:

1) write the right tuning after DDropC instead of custom tuning.

2) save and display the best notes streak for each songs.

3) I don't mind about that one that much but add other tunings in session mode.

Thanks

UbiVertigo's Avatar Community Developer
    Hey, LickThat! Thanks very much for your kind words and suggestions.

There are a couple of items that you listed that I want to touch up on because there may be something currently available that fits your needs. And, if it doesn't, I'd be interested to hear why not.

Originally Posted by LickThat Go to original post

Noodle mode : so for me, the next level i want to "up my game" is to be able to grab the guitar and just noodle - and not play existing licks / riffs. I know that this should be something that comes with learning the scales but i was thinking it would be good if there was a mode (or even feature added to session mode) where RS provided some rhythm / lead parts that were not from existing tracks (and therefore royalty free!). It's kind of like when you go into a guitar store and you hear the accomplished players just noodling away on something non-descript vs. those attempting existing stuff. An addition to this would be to incorporate a loop pedal, so you could put some rhythm down and then over dub with other parts and build on it, but with something shown as suggestions to follow (could also have various genres and difficulties)
    Regarding Session Mode not doing the trick: Is the backing band's habit of going quiet when you're not playing the only/primary reason? Not diminishing the critique, just want to get a clearer picture.

Originally Posted by LickThat Go to original post
    Play only mode : sometimes i want to follow RS but play the track through my actual amp - to try and match tones or just generally practice though an amp, but obviously RS just thinks i'm missing every note and eventually starts to lower the difficulty and chords / notes removed on screen. Would be good to be able to indicate that i don't want RS to try and 'score me' and just play it at the existing level.
    Try changing your input to "Disconnected Mode". That should get exactly what (I think) you're looking for. Alternatively, a lot of players use a Y-splitter to have their guitar play through both their amp and RS. Usually, those players will turn their in-game guitar volume all the way down, but can still see accuracy/score results.

Risen72's Avatar Member
    Yeah not sure how much a priority Mac mouse functionality is. I don't know if its just Mac mice or all wireless. I got tired of buying batteries a long time ago so I just have a normal wired mouse now for my Mac. Wireless isn't needed for me since the Mac keyboard has USB ports.