a11345's Avatar Banned

Rocksmith 2014 Official Gameplay Feedback Thread

Hey Rockers!

Please use this Thread for posting your Feedback regarding your opinions of the game, features, love, etc.

If you are having a Technical issue please make sure you report it to Ubisoft Support immediately.
    Ubisoft Support Website

If you wish to post regarding any Bugs or Issues please use this Thread.
    Rocksmith 2014 Official Bugs & Issues Thread

We look forward to hearing from you!

Rocksmith Forum Team

good game/learning tool, but I was a bit let down on the string color memorization and the fall back to guitar hero / rock band color blocks. After playing for a few days I thought it would be nice if there was an option setting to emboss or transparently put the chord notes on each of the blocks. An additional option would be to remove the color blocks leaving the chords on the screen surrounded by a block outline. This would give intermediate players more feel for the game with actual chords on the screen rather than the guitar hero rock band feel. If this is method is reinforced in the game where you can set an option to remove the color codes it would lead toward better memorization and actually learning the guitar.

Another option to consider is to remove the tuning request during game play. The first tuning is nice, but every time gets to be a bit much.

Thanks for the great project, look forward to how this evolves in the future!
     3 people found this helpful

Got to agree totally and jump on this band wagon, that note names and string names should be called what they are. How about giving the player the choice of whether to use colors and rectangles or string names and note names in the next rev/patch. I'm not a kid anymore and I would like to see strings called out by numbers or names EADGBE and actual notes names on the rectangles as A through G#. This includes the voice discussion in the tutorials as well.
     2 people found this helpful

A number of us have asked this before and it was answered on the AMA. The site is down or I would copy the response but to give the general idea:

They tried it in the initial code, but with the need to provide information for bends, mutes, slides, harmonics, sustains... There was too much information being thrown at us, that they had to take out the note names. Having the note names in there made it too difficult to read everything else.

This is a fun way to practice on a "real" guitar.
    I have been learning to play from music sheets. Dry and slow.
    It would be nice to add the note names being played.
    notes have a real world use. If notes, slides, bends, etc can be put on a music sheet, it can be put in game. The user should have the option to turn it on or off that way they can regulate how much info is being taken in.
    When practicing a song, it would be nice to have control over the speed. When I play a new song from a music sheet, I use a slow metronome setting and speed it up as I get better.
    The "cord book" should let you see and practice all the cords with out going through a lot of unecessary steps.

Black_Widow9's Avatar Community Representative

Hey Rockers!

Please use this Thread for posting your Feedback regarding your opinions of the game, features, love, etc.

If you are having a Technical issue please make sure you report it to Ubisoft Support immediately.
    Ubisoft Support Website

If you wish to post regarding any Bugs or Issues please use this Thread.
    Rocksmith 2014 Official Bugs & Issues Thread

We look forward to hearing from you!

Rocksmith Forum Team

thoman23's Avatar Senior Member
    Overall enjoying it so far.

Main thing that struck me is that the new Riff Repeater is very confusing. I am hopeful that's just because it's so much more flexible and powerful. But we could really use some sort of guide. Is there any user manual or reference guides already out there somewhere that we can read?

Working my way through the Xbox 360 version and figuring it out. Massive difference between the first version and this one, and the changes are mostly positive. Some overall comments and questions:

- The fact that there are no loading times is really nice. In some weird way I kind of miss the forced pause at certain moments when loading the prior games' songs, which gave me a chance to take a sip of my drink or check my phone though. I can certainly still do that, but it feels a bit... forced.

- Riff repeater access in-song is awesome. It would have made a lot more sense to put the start/end times option at the very top, but still, great feature.

- The Ubi team seems to have redone the entire way the game sounds. For example, "Jeremy" by Pearl Jam sound completely different in RS vs. RS2014. Seems like they changed the amp settings to match the song more accurately? Can anyone confirm?

- Also on sound, why is the crowd volume up by default? It's hard to hear what you're playing with the crowd sound effects. I turned sound effects level to 0 in Options and it seems to have eliminated the crowds from the songs, but it also eliminates all the menu feedback sounds, which are actually useful. Maybe they can address this in an update?

- Another point on sound: for some reason my guitar is giving off a TON of feedback, where none previously existed. In the original RS, my guitar almost never fed back, but I was playing Everlong in RS2014 and there was so much feedback I had to stop playing and see if I my guitar was messed up. I sat there with the guitar - left hand on my frets but not strumming or playing - and crazy amounts of feedback coming through. I adjust my guitar volume knob, no change. I adjust the guitar tone knob, no change. Any way I can fix this in the settings? Any idea why this is even happening?

- Overall the user interface is snappier and cleaner - nice job, except: why doesn't my song list loop back to the beginning when I'm at the end, and vice-versa? Otherwise it's a lot better than RS's UI.

More feedback to come once I've spent more than a few hours with it...

Vector_Shift's Avatar Senior Member
    Love so much about the game, but I have some constructive feedback.

• I prefer scrolling with the D-pad vs. the joysticks, but it seems holding down a direction on the D-pad doesn't continue to scroll through options while the joystick does. Can we get auto-repeat for the D-pad as well?

• At the My Path screen, can you change it to not amplify our instrument. As it is we get buzzing when changing instruments.

• I would like to have more control over Master Mode. I would like to be able to set the Master Mode level of each phrase individually, at will, just like we can set difficulty of each phrase at will in Riff Repeater. As it is, we have to max a phrase or phrases (very easy, thanks!) and then play the song over and over until we convince it we can play that phrase or phrases without the notes. It would be great if we could select a series of phrases and set their levels such that once we go past 100% it sets the Master Mode level. One notch for 75% opacity, one for 50%, one for 25%, and one for 0%, or whatever you want to call the 4 levels of Master Mode.

• Please allow us to unlock the Master level of Score Attack at will (perhaps have a message the first time you try to play Master level without passing Hard on that arrangement that asks if you really want to play Master level without having passed Hard, and allow us to disable that message in the options or something so we don't have to see it every time). If you insist we prove ourselves to unlock Master level, can you at least make the threshold passing Hard instead of earning gold on Hard? Earning gold on Hard can at times be harder than passing a song on Master. Please don't lock functionality of the game. Rocksmith 2014 is all about allowing you to play the game the way you want to play it. This is one of the few things that goes against that principle.

• Right now, the preview in Riff Repeater (awesome!!!) plays the selected phrases at the set speed, then rewinds quickly and repeats. It would be great if we could have manual control of the preview. Basically, I want to be able to pause the preview and then advance or rewind the preview any amount at will. That way we can study the notes very carefully at our own pace instead of having to drop the speed to 25% and hope that's slow enough to memorize everything as it goes by. I think this would be even better than "Free Speed" mode, which it appears you took out, unless I just missed that option. I would like to have either "Free Speed" or manual forward/pause/reverse in previews or both.

• The blue open notes blend in with the beat bars on the note highway. Also, yellow and orange open notes can be difficult to distinguish at times.

• I would really really love a new Guitarcade game for ear training / playing by ear! Will there be any core-content DLC? I don't know of any software out there that gives you a note or an interval or a melody and has you play it on your guitar and recognizes what notes you're playing and tells you whether you're correct. You have the potential. I think this would be a huge benefit to teaching bass and guitar.

• This is a tiny niggle, but I would love to be able to add more than one instrument from a category in Session Mode, especially multiple "MISC" instruments. Just imagine how great it would be to have a kazoo with rain noises!

Terribly unhappy with the sound levels they sound very bad, on the guitar. It sounded just fine on the previous Rocksmith. I have my guitar volumes all turned up and I never had to do that on the previous version, I am still getting low volume there. Something has to be done to fix the mix. I don't know what you have done, but please fix it

Vector_Shift's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by OohMamma Go to original post
    - Riff repeater access in-song is awesome. It would have made a lot more sense to put the start/end times option at the very top, but still, great feature.
    On PS3 and Xbox 360, you can use the shoulder and trigger buttons to move the start and end selectors. I'm sure there are equivalent keys on PC/Mac. I think that's why they put those options at the bottom, because they're actually redundant. (Just trying to be helpful by pointing this out. )

Originally Posted by OohMamma Go to original post
    - Overall the user interface is snappier and cleaner - nice job, except: why doesn't my song list loop back to the beginning when I'm at the end, and vice-versa? Otherwise it's a lot better than RS's UI.
    It would be great if every menu, not just the song list, would loop around from bottom to top if you scroll past the end or top to bottom if you scroll past the beginning. Forgot to mention that in my post. Thanks.