I know it will run just fine. sarcasm
    Punch line was the fact that this was an accident!!

I know it will run just fine. sarcasm
    Punch line was the fact that this was an accident!!

heywooood's Avatar Senior Member
    I often wonder why they dont make clear cowlings...like all those nifty appliances and cell phones...and honk if your computer has a window in the side.

Maybe some pimpdaddy neon light strips inside for night flights....hummmbaby

Treetop64's Avatar Senior Member
    Now THAT would have scared the cowboy **** out of me if I were sitting at that window and saw that happen.

heywooood's Avatar Senior Member
    oh yeah...Flight attendant!!? can I get a really big martini, STAT! and keep 'em coming til we land, mmmkay?

stansdds's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I often wonder why they dont make clear cowlings. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Because they don't want you to see the parts that sometimes come loose and fall off during flight.

Old news.

Actually I thought that this would be the pic you were posting.

The scary bit is not even the engine, because that will operate just fine (for one flight) without a cowl. What is scary is the airflow disturbance caused by the top cowl and how it will effect the stall characteristics of the wing behind it.

Scorpius

geez youd be doing the Chris Tucker (fifth Element, Rush Hour Two) eyeball wide stare at all the ground crew when, if, you got back on the ground after an incident like that.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Waldo.Pepper:
    Old news.

http://www.warbirdsresourcegroup.org...es/lrg0074.jpg

Actually I thought that this would be the pic you were posting. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

me too, lol

(He 280 made a few flights like this AFTER the first one, when it was noted fuel was leaking and accumulating in cowl)