Hay every one what€s up hope every one is doing well.
    I came to IL-2 via X-Plane and the local video game stores barging bin.
    So far i have been very impressed with IL-2!
    Its simply stunning when you compare it to other flight sims! No other flight sim i have seen thus far has been able to model flat spins!
    Thus far i have flown a number of solo missions and had a blast!
    Even my wife thinks that it€s pretty cool!
    She was screaming at me last night to watch my 6 and to and i quote here "shoot that guy! He sucks! He tried to kill you!"
    But guys you will have to excuse me, and i know this has been asked a dozen times before but.
    1) where/how can i join multy player games?
    2) What patches do i need? What order should install them and most importantly where can i get them?
    Only reason i ask is that i use to play BZ (Battle Zone II) and the order in which you installed patches was quite important.
    3) What video driver would you guys recommend?
    I'm running in a new PC Pentium IV with about 1 Gig of ram but not a great video driver so any help would be much appreciated.
    Well guys thanks in advance!
    And PS great screen shots guys! Great work!

Follow this link my friend,everything will be explained.A new update is imminent with many saught after planes so your timeing is spot on!!
    When you are patched up to date may I suggest you look for a program called IL2 Mat Manager,a program that installs correct markings (includeing the swastica)and install that.

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/t...5/m/5581083643

To play on line download a programm called Hyperlobby.
    It allows you on line combat.
    As for the drivers for your graphics card,most people recomend the latest set.
    Lots of answers lie in these forums,just spend a little time looking around,and don`t be afraid to ask questions no matter if you think they sound really stupid!

Simbo Sim_123

Welcome to the game. It's great when IL2/PF can still impress new folks coming into the game after being out for several years now.

Go through the different forums : General Discussion, Pacific Fighters, Oleg's Ready Room etc. and check the various stickied posts at the top. They usually have important info like patch order, tech. specs to run the game smoothly, third party program info, and so on.

Chuck_Older's Avatar Banned
    Originally posted by shahsxfx:
    Hay every one what€s up hope every one is doing well.
    I came to IL-2 via X-Plane and the local video game stores barging bin.
    So far i have been very impressed with IL-2!
    Its simply stunning when you compare it to other flight sims! No other flight sim i have seen thus far has been able to model flat spins!
    Thus far i have flown a number of solo missions and had a blast!
    Even my wife thinks that it€s pretty cool!
    She was screaming at me last night to watch my 6 and to and i quote here "shoot that guy! He sucks! He tried to kill you!"
    But guys you will have to excuse me, and i know this has been asked a dozen times before but.
    1) where/how can i join multy player games?
    2) What patches do i need? What order should install them and most importantly where can i get them?
    Only reason i ask is that i use to play BZ (Battle Zone II) and the order in which you installed patches was quite important.
    3) What video driver would you guys recommend?
    I'm running in a new PC Pentium IV with about 1 Gig of ram but not a great video driver so any help would be much appreciated.
    Well guys thanks in advance!
    And PS great screen shots guys! Great work!

This may hurt a bit too

Il-2 Sturmovik is the original sim. It was more or less superceded by Il-2 Sturmovik:Forgotten Battles, which oddly is NOT an addition to Il-2 Sturmovik

I think you have the original Il-2 STurmovik, since it was in the bargain bin

In addition, Il2 Sturmovik and Il-2 Sturmovik:Forgotten Battles are not compatible with each other

In essence, a new series of sims was begun with Il-2 STurmovik:Forgotten Battles (usually called FB for short)

FB was expaneded by free patches and updates, and also by a commercial add-on called AEP (Aces Expansion Pack)

In addition to all THAT, a sim called PAcific Fighters (PF for short) was also released by the same developer

PF can be merged with FB, and it can also be it's own "Stand alone" sim

What you're going to need to play online, is either somebody who is playing the original Il2 Sturmovik, or someone who is pacthed to your current version of FB, or somebody who plays PF (if you have PF), or the whole nine yards of FB+AEP+PF, and patched to v 4.02-

AND another version is to be released soon, v4.03

Welcome to the online IL2 community. After you get connected to online games with Hyperlobby, look into downloading TeamSpeak. It's what we use to talk to each other in-game. That way, all your teammates can join in with your wife to "shoot that guy! He sucks! He tried to kill you!"

Seriously though, once you get on teamspeak and on a good server, you'll find lots of folks who will help you out with any questions you might have. If you see any VF-17 guys (that's the squad I'm in), give us a holler and we'll help you out.

Thanks guys! much appreciated! I was expecting to be flamed more!
    Yah Just bought a new Dell about a year agoe and i'm looking to upgrade the vidoe card.
    Don't get me wrong the game looks amazing now but you know what they say!
    Well thanks i'll go and look for the patches and updates and i'll look for this Hyperlobby.
    Would love to give it a goe with other people!

howdy and welcome to the boards!

As stated by the others:

install Forgotten battles
    install Aces Expansion Pack
    install Pacific Fighters

Go to 3Dgamers.com and get the appropriate patches and get up to speed on your version number.

DL the Hyperlobby client http://hyperfighter.sk/modules.php?n...showpage&pid=5 (or All Seeing Eye http://videogames.yahoo.com/multiplayer as an alternative...both are free)

DL the TeamSpeak client http://www.goteamspeak.com (optional, but also free and a must for truly coordinated online missions. Does require a mic though)

After all this, you'll be up to speed and able to join online in the latest/greatest servers. You'll also be able to find a server to cater to your comfort level as far as difficulty is concerned. Many also host their own TeamSpeak (TS) channels for their players and though they're oftentimes underutilized, you can usually find someone on who can help with some of the finer points.

Please post back if you have any questions. I'm rather useless at times, but someone here can usually get things sorted for you.

TB

welcome to the Anonymous Simjunkies!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last ►►