In my quest to skin all things gaudy that have yet to be represented in the game, I came across this delightful little paintjob, from the 397th Fighter Squadron, 368th Fighter Group. What you can't see are the underwing D-day stripes and a large "7th" on the portside cowling that I frankly have no clue what to do with (the source wasn't specific).

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/SkinnerGoodwood/Kwitcher*****in.jpg[/img]

Yes, the 354th Fighter Group skinpack is still progressing, but I've just about run out of historicals (meaning: ones with ID codes and serial numbers and nose art, if any). Given that, I decided to have a little fun before starting on the assembly-line work of making about twenty additional skins per squadron (roughly) on that project.

She's available now at M4T...

In my quest to skin all things gaudy that have yet to be represented in the game, I came across this delightful little paintjob, from the 397th Fighter Squadron, 368th Fighter Group. What you can't see are the underwing D-day stripes and a large "7th" on the portside cowling that I frankly have no clue what to do with (the source wasn't specific).

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/SkinnerGoodwood/Kwitcher*****in.jpg[/img]

Yes, the 354th Fighter Group skinpack is still progressing, but I've just about run out of historicals (meaning: ones with ID codes and serial numbers and nose art, if any). Given that, I decided to have a little fun before starting on the assembly-line work of making about twenty additional skins per squadron (roughly) on that project.

She's available now at M4T...

Bo_Nidle's Avatar Senior Member
    Nice job, ....but...

Sorry old boy, I did that one over a year ago when I was going through my 368thFg phase which lead to me providing some of the illustrations for the book "Second to none: a history of the 368th Fighter Group" by Dr Tim Grace.

It was flown by Randall "Pinky" Hendricks.The "7th" should be placed as on mine. The source was a period photo of the aircraft.

You can get the book from www.368thfightergroup.com

Well recommended and well priced. Lots of profiles too. (I did the illustrations for free and with Olegs permission)