The baddest bass player thread got me wondering who here is a musician. What instruments(s) do you play and do you have any links to your music?

I'll start:

I've been playing bass guitar for about 2 decades now, played clarinet and sang in elementary school. My current project is a band called Friend or Foe, which is mainly rock, with punk, progressive, metal, and pop influences. My previous bands ran the gambit from hard rock, accoustic singer/songwriter pop, , blues, metal, and prog rock.

Friend or Foe myspace page

Ok, next!

I play Keyboard/Piano. I have a very small home studio which mostly relies on MIDI and electronic instruments.

Friends of mine play in a metal band for which I do some mixing.

And I really like to create soundscapes.
    Not exactly music, but a great way to capture moods.

Essah__'s Avatar Senior Member
    I dont play in a band but i can play drums, I have by own drum set and like playing it.
    and i can make it sound good but its nothing special

ochi's Avatar Junior Member
    I'm a bass player. Been doing it for 33 years now. I'm currently in a blues and classic rock band, Big City Thrill (I didn't come up with the name). I play a samick 5 string bass through a rack mount preamp to a graphic EQ with a QSC 350 watts per side power amp powering a 18 inch woofer and two 12 inch top speakers. Gotta love that thump. I play out on average about 5-6 times a month, ah wine women and song, or sex and drugs and rock and roll.

Originally posted by ochi:
    I'm a bass player. Been doing it for 33 years now. I'm currently in a blues and classic rock band, Big City Thrill (I didn't come up with the name). I play a samick 5 string bass through a rack mount preamp to a graphic EQ with a QSC 350 watts per side power amp powering a 18 inch woofer and two 12 inch top speakers. Gotta love that thump. I play out on average about 5-6 times a month, ah wine women and song, or sex and drugs and rock and roll.
    Nice! I'm using a couple of Fender Jazz basses, a Trace Elliot amp with this old Sunn cabinet that has a 12" on top of a 18". Low end madness. 5-6 times a month? Lucky dog. We're lucky to play a gig once a month, thanks to schedules and such.

Originally posted by general_kalle:
    I dont play in a band but i can play drums, I have by own drum set and like playing it.
    and i can make it sound good but its nothing special
    That's cool. Nothing wrong with that at all. I know quite a few folks that play instruments that aren't actively in a group, and some of them are smokin'.

Bearcat99's Avatar Senior Member
    Bass player here... I play in church now.... I used to be in a few funk bands... I was also in a Grateful Dead band for a spell.. (".. dont'cha let that deal go down..... ) I have a 78 Fender Jazz bass, a Tacoma acoustic... and I primarily use a Ibanez 5 string now.. I also own a Jackson 5 string that I loaned to my nephew... I dabble in guitar.. but am not that good... mostly folks stuff.. but in church it varies... we do some of the traditional blues type gospel, hyms, to some of the more contemporary funky stuff like Israel and Munizzi... and a bit of Latin as well.

I used to play guitar with a few bands from 1967 to 1978. I haven't done it for years though and really miss it. I've still got some of my guitars and amps. These are among my most prized possesions: 1959 Les Paul custom (Black Beauty model with factory Grovers and Bixby) and a 1968 100W full Marshall stack with plexi faceplate. Oh BTW re: Bass players how bout McCartney....listen to the bass tracks on "Paperback Writer" and "Rain" pretty good stuff for '66

R_Target's Avatar Banned
    Sold my Telecasters and amps years ago, but a friend recently gave me one of these:

Need to pick up a prac amp somewhere.

I play guitar and bass, but just for fun. Grad school keeps me too busy to take music seriously anymore.

I use a BCRich Acrylic Mockingbird, Ibanez RG series guitar, and an Ibanez GSR200 bass. I have a Kustom half-stack amp, but I never get to practice without headphones on because I live in a big apartment building

I play mostly metal,hard rock, and punk.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last ►►