raaaid's Avatar Senior Member
    is it a direct projection on a plane? gnomonic mercator?

i have to say with the intention of improving the game that i liked much better cfs2 projection since it has a projection that allowed for a bigger angle of view

it would be interesting changing projection in the config.ini like good planetariums like stellarium does

or even add an optional projection working in conjuction with 6dof to keep a constant realistic size of planes however distance to monitor

Xiolablu3's Avatar Senior Member
    Errm yeah,

It's most likely a perspective projection. It's a pretty simple matrix operation to get the physical 2d point of projection of any 3d point in the virtual space.

Why would you want to change from perspective projection since that's how your eye sees?

Until video graphics are as good as my eye sees the real world, "realistic" plane sizes is a stupid idea. It's hard enough to "see" in the game as it is.

--Outlaw.

BSS_Goat's Avatar Senior Member

Akronnick's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally posted by raaaid:
    is it a direct projection on a plane? gnomonic mercator?

i have to say with the intention of improving the game that i liked much better cfs2 projection since it has a projection that allowed for a bigger angle of view

it would be interesting changing projection in the config.ini like good planetariums like stellarium does

or even add an optional projection working in conjuction with 6dof to keep a constant realistic size of planes however distance to monitor
    It's called Maddox/Mercator, so called because Eastern front maps are much biggger than Pacific Theatre maps, much like Greenland is much bigger than South America on world Mercator projection.

Treetop64's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally posted by BSS_Goat:

What's the mattah, Goat? Don't you luuuuv raaaid anymore?

Dunkelgrun's Avatar Senior Member
    Don't be daft chaps. Everybody knows that the earth is flat.

Cheers!