As we all know, Ezio had many more abilities when compared to Altair. Even before he became an Assassin, Ezio could climb faster and perform many more acrobatic moves (such as swinging on hanging pot-plants).
    In Revelations, will Ubisoft give Altair the same talents as Ezio? Or will we have to go back to slow climbing and basic moves in every Altair sequence?

Altair is just as capable if not more so than Ezio. Ezio couldn't climb faster than Altair until he first went to Vince and learned how to climb from Rosa.

There's nothing to say that Altair is not able to swing around corners, he just never had any corners to swing around. Altair could also vault over objects, something I wish was back in the game.

But I imagine the two of them will be fairly similar. Altair might be restricted some moves, perhaps in his early days, but after that he will be a Master Assassin and equal to Ezio. I doubt Ubisoft will differentiate up their gameplay for the two of them.

Jexx21's Avatar Senior Member
    Actually, the climbing in AC2 and ACB was faster than in AC1.

Altiar might be amped up, but he might also not be because he just wasn't that great of a climber.

MagnifyHope's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally posted by Jakob4242:
    Ezio couldn't climb faster than Altair until he first went to Vince and learned how to climb from Rosa.
    He could. Have you ever tried holding the high profile button while climbing?

SixKeys's Avatar Senior Member
    In Desmond's dream sequence in AC (caused by the bleeding effect), Altaïr is still a slow climber. I don't know how old he was at that point, but it was about 9 months before he and Maria had their first child. If Altaïr can climb fast in Revelations, he must have learned that skill at an older age.

What about Altair's infamous inability to swim? In the dream sequence in AC2, Altair died when he hit water. Hopefully, Ubisoft won't make all Altair sequences linear in areas without water. I want to see Altair with the same climbing, acrobatic and swimming abilities as Ezio.

Originally posted by MagnifyHope:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jakob4242:
    Ezio couldn't climb faster than Altair until he first went to Vince and learned how to climb from Rosa.
    He could. Have you ever tried holding the high profile button while climbing? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope, I've tried it as well. It's slower.

LightRey's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally posted by AC-FANBOY:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MagnifyHope:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jakob4242:
    He could. Have you ever tried holding the high profile button while climbing? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope, I've tried it as well. It's slower. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    It's most definitely not. I played AC1, AC2 and ACB right after each other last month and Ezio is most definitely much faster than Altaïr.

Originally posted by haloblivion:
    What about Altair's infamous inability to swim? In the dream sequence in AC2, Altair died when he hit water. Hopefully, Ubisoft won't make all Altair sequences linear in areas without water. I want to see Altair with the same climbing, acrobatic and swimming abilities as Ezio.
    Altaïr could swim.. it was a bug in the animus that caused you to desynchronize when hitting water. go look in the AC2 journal

albertwesker22's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally posted by Shababa2011:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by haloblivion:
    Altaïr could swim.. it was a bug in the animus that caused you to desynchronize when hitting water. go look in the AC2 journal </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think Altair not being able to swim, gave him character lol

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►