In the intro vid of AC2 I noticed that Lucy had a missing finger,but when I played the game I saw that all of her fingers were intact, I know that she is also like an assassin or someting but when does/did she actually lose the finger?

Originally posted by spyro.cynder:
    In the intro vid of AC2 I noticed that Lucy had a missing finger,but when I played the game I saw that all of her fingers were intact, I know that she is also like an assassin or someting but when does/did she actually lose the finger?
    she just bends her finger to make it look like altairs hand to show she is on desmonds side. it makes more sense in ac1

kriegerdesgottes's Avatar Senior Member
    It really makes no sense. It's one of those things that the writers appear to have changed their minds on and made up a shaky story about how she was just folding her fingers. Couldn't any templar fold their fingers any time they wanted to? It's just one of those examples of bad writing that you try to block out of your mind.

oh well I don't really trust her, don't you think she's a bit suspicious?

Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
    It really makes no sense. It's one of those things that the writers appear to have changed their minds on and made up a shaky story about how she was just folding her fingers. Couldn't any templar fold their fingers any time they wanted to? It's just one of those examples of bad writing that you try to block out of your mind.
    no, although there are examples of bad writing in the AC games, this is not one of them. Lucy has all of her fingers she just bends it as a way to quietly show desmond that she is an assassin.

Lucy has always had 5 fingers. The thing was, Desmond would recognise it because it was the way that the informers would greet Altaïr.

Originally posted by Inorganic9_2:
    Lucy has always had 5 fingers. The thing was, Desmond would recognise it because it was the way that the informers would greet Altaïr.
    Just 5 fingers?
    Oh ****, does she have one completely fingerless hand then?

I think that the informers are mocking Altair more than they are greeting him with the bent finger thing.

oOAltairOo, I shall ignore that :P

@spyro.cynder - where did that come from? So you're telling me the informer which worships the ground Altaïr walks on would mock him hmm? Besides, why would you mock someone of higher rank than you with that? "haha sergeant, you've got three chevrons unlike the one I have!"

kriegerdesgottes's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally posted by dchil279:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
    no, although there are examples of bad writing in the AC games, this is not one of them. Lucy has all of her fingers she just bends it as a way to quietly show desmond that she is an assassin. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok here is the thing though, that makes no sense. Vidic could just as easily walk up and say hey look i'm bending my finger so it's cool for you to start trusting me. And if the writing had been good, Lucy would have shown Desmond the burn mark on her finger that every assassin gets when they join the guild. Instead they decided, since ezio now has two blades, they didn't want to have to cut off two of his fingers so they just said ohh..well Altair fixed that problem with the finger cutting and lucy was just folding her finger at the end. Clearly they had to make quick changes that didn't get explained well.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last ►►