MB_Avro_UK's Avatar Senior Member
    hi all,

A friend of mine who has studied in depth the War of Independence (he is a table-top war-gamer with a massive collection of model soldiers) told me that 90% of British soldiers were American. Can this be right?

Maybe there was confusion as to who was British and who was American?

Best Regards,
    MB_Avro.

ploughman's Avatar Senior Member
    Well getting back to the original propostion, I'd just like to thank that small band of committed citizens for kicking out King George all those years ago and creating a nation state comitted to acheiving a more perfect state basded on rational liberal enlightenment ideas that has always been a beacon to the rest of the world and has, in its maturity, seen fit to emerge, from time to time, from it's philosophical and geographical isolation to try and sort things out.

Which I think means any other time-line that didn't include the USA would probably be one even more fraught than the one in which we live.

And that concludes my butt nuzzling for this year.

As an ironic aside, my hometown has a large painted statue of King George III on the seafront. It would have been one of the last things G.I.s saw before embarking for Omaha beach.

Doth thoust liveth in Weymouth, son of Dorset?

That I do zur, that I do.

Ah yes, one of my old projects. Did most of the research for the 50th anniversary. Got loads of interviews with vets of all nations if anyone wants to wait a few days while I type them up again. Not many aviation ones, though. Best story is a Big Red One medic who went right through to Czechoslovakia.

You did that mate? Good on you.

Well, I didn't do that that actual site, but it all stems from original research by my team all those years ago. Pleased to see it didn't go to waste. Weymouth being the only British town outside London that has official U.S. representation at WWII commemorations is down to me and a U.S. Army colonel I met once.

Originally posted by Low_Flyer_MkVb:
    I really did touch a nerve when I dissed Dana in the Eurovision thread, didn't I?
    Lmao

Look man I done already told yah that I am bad. See this trunk? Its got Baaaad rit all the way up the one side and pretty soon all they way upside yer head.

Cos I am bad n thats a fact.

Soo dont be wailing on my girl Dana cos she is just like me B.A.D and you know what that spells dont yah.

Thats right bad!

Now where is that guy with the scoop cos I am fixing to do me some more badness right here!

And I aint touchin it