Any one tried this yet? im interested in seeing how the 190 stacks up against one of the best fighters in the pascific (IMNSHO). I am also interested in how the version of the 190 and corsair matters, and how they do against RN Corsairs.

HayateAce's Avatar Banned
    The Corsair will dispatch the 190 with relative ease, depending on the scenario. This is well documented and historically accurate.

In what kind of situation, and using what tactics?

TAGERT.'s Avatar Banned
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TX-WarHawk:
    In what kind of situation, and using what tactics? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>As for real life situations and tatics see here

http://web.cetlink.net/~howardds/id88.htm

As for game situations and tatics.. Hard to tell, in that I dont Oleg's team is dont sucking some of the life out of the F4u yet. Wait until next patch, then we plan on running some tests to see if it hits the numbers

Tagert,
    S! to you for testing these planes, makes PF much better than it would be.

The Corsair climbs to altitude much faster than the 190. If both planes take off at the same time and head towards each there is no way for the 190 to win, its totally outclassed by the Corsair at low and medium altitudes (haven't tested at high but I'm sure the Corsair continues to dominate). If the 190 is given time to climb to say 5000M, it is possible for a good 190 pilot to destroy the Corsair just like any other plane through boom and zoom tactics.

A 109 v. a F4u there is no contest. The 109 is the superior AC. The difference in weight and that fact that it has excellent speed and excellent altitude performance coupled with a superior turning radius when compared witht he Corsair, makes it all but unbeatable by a f4u pilot.

This all assumes that the two planes are on an equal footing and that the pilots are of equal ability. I have no doubt that a good Corsair pilot can easily dispatch weaker pilots in the 190s and 109s. The same can be said of the good 190 pilots against the Corsair. Relative altitudes and speeds are also a big factor just like every other fight. My observations are based on one-on-one online combats in which both aircraft were at the same altitude and speed going head-to-head when the fight started.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jason Bourne:
    Any one tried this yet? im interested in seeing how the 190 stacks up against one of the best fighters in the pascific (IMNSHO). I am also interested in how the version of the 190 and corsair matters, and how they do against RN Corsairs. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I only fly the 190A5, and have tried against all the variants of the corsair.. Its one tough opponent. I fly full 'real', and they are not as tough as some of the russian stuff (LA7), but they are as tough as the P47 and a lot more agile. Flying against ace AI, I can still take 4 of them to one of me, but its quite a fight.

VW-IceFire's Avatar Senior Member
    Which FW190?

The Antons seem outclassed by the Corsair in most respects except firepower (except for the Corsair 1C). The Dora appears to accelerate faster but the Corsair has advantage in turn and it appears to have a similar climb.

Online, I've had a VERY hard time trying to get rid of a Corsair on my six. And the Corsair is very tough. I think tougher than the FW190 and similar to the P-47.

Abbuzze's Avatar Senior Member
    This 1944 tests were made between an 190A5/U4 and F4U-1D, would be interesting what happend if they tested an A8 with more hp.
    The A8 was a worse turner compared to the A5, but cause even the A5 was outturned with ease, it doesnâ´t matter

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Spinnetti:
    corsair.. Its one tough opponent....and they are not as tough as some of the russian stuff (LA7), but they are as tough as the P47 and a lot more agile. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Forgive me, but are you suggesting the La7 it a tougher plane than the P-47 or that it's just a tougher opponent? With the exception of the 190 F8, the Jug is the toughest fighter in the game...IMO of course.

TB

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last ►►